• KDE Power management settings ignored

Fresh, updated installation of Antergos with KDE as DE. Everything works ootb except power management. All settings are ignored. Found this (very) old thread:
    https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=145172
    In my case, nothing is greyed out, it looks like it’s working, and when I execute ps -e | grep upower like it suggests, I get 6015 ? 00:00:00 upowerd.
    I also note that under KDE settings -> Startup and shutdown, I cannot find any service called “Power management” or simular listed at all.

How do I make this work?

• @Niklas said
    “I also note that under KDE settings -> Startup and shutdown, I cannot find any service called Power management” or simular listed at all.

Hi and welcome to Antergos.
    It s actually System Settings > hardware > power management
    Cheers

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Yes, in System Settings > hardware > power management you change power management settings. I was talking about services that I believe needs to be started in order for those settings to take effect. The list of such background services is found in System Settings > hardware > Startup and shutdown. In that list I cannot find any mentioning of power management. But perhaps no such background service is needed. In either case, I included this information in case it is needed to debug this problem.

• Anyone? If someone at least could point me in the right direction, so I know where to start, that would be most appreciated! Is this supposed to work out of the box, or am I supposed so set it up myself? Is it a hardware issue? This is a real dealbreaker for me, if I can’t control how my own computer behaves I’ll have to go for some other distro.

• Well, that’s embarassing… now it seems to work. Perhaps it was fixed with the last upgrade. Cheers! 🙂

installation255 kde157 powermanagement12 Posts 5Views 1128
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.