• Black screen after install...

Hello…
    I attempted to install Antergos on an old MacBook Pro last night…
    I have been running the Solus on it for a while, and just thought it would be nice to try Antergos…
    All went well…It was a seamless and easy installation…
    But…When I rebooted all I got was a black screen…
    I’ve looked around the forum for some help…So far haven’t found what I might need or understand…
    Any help or leads to the appropriate help would be greatly appreciated…
    Thank you…
    Peace…
    Stuart

• @gray49 said

But…When I rebooted all I got was a black screen…

Hi and welcome to Antergos. Sorry if I didn t unerstand it but did it boot to a black screen or it did not boot at all? I found an article in the wiki mentioning a fix in case it doesnt boot, by changing lightDM to gdm: :https://antergos.com/wiki/desktops/installing-antergos-on-a-macbook-pro-62-mid-2010-with-encrypted-hard-drive/
    In case you can boot but are not able to reach the login screen, open a tty screen (Ctrl=Alt+F2) and try this:
    sudo pacman -S gdm
    sudo systemctl disable lightdm
    sudo systemctl enable gdm
    sudo reboot

Check this out, too:
    https://antergos.com/wiki/desktops/gnome/install-dual-boot-macos-x-antergos-on-a-macbookpro-91-mid-2012/

Just posted others information, not a Mac user myself
    Cheers

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch
    Thank you for your reply…Much appreciated…I will explore the options and fixes over the next couple of days…
    Seems entirely fixable…
    Peace…
    Stuart

• You re welcome
    Best of luck
    (George)

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @gray49 Have you tried Boot with the flag, nomodeset.

• @gray49 Some info about your video card could be useful. Can you share the output of the command

lspci -vnn | grep '\''[030[02]]'

• @anarch thanks!!! after several day finally found the solution

install82 black61 Posts 7Views 1783
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.