• Modify user themes

Hey! :)

I am new to antergos and I really like the design generally, but there are two little things, that are not matching my taste.
    There is the Gnome extension “User themes” and if it is active I can’t use the extensions “Dash to Dock” and “Dynamic Panel Transparency” correctly. If I make the Dock “small” in the settings menu, it looks ugly because there is a Background set from user themes for the Dock. Also there is a Background and other settings for the Panel.
    Is there a chance for modifying the User theme? Where are the User theme settings saved?
    I like the other settings so I dont want to turn off the whole extension.

• “User themes” is the extension that allows Gnome to use another theme instead of the “official” Adwaita.

Antergos comes with the Numix theme but you can change it, of course.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/8-gnome-shell-themes/

Cheers!

• Yes and I want to modify the default antergos Shell theme.
    Is that possible, where can I find the files?

• The Numix-Frost theme, used by default in Antergos Gnome 3, follows standard Linux conventions for storing system-wide themes. Hence, it is stored in the

/usr/share/themes/Numix-Frost

folder.

Theme’s components, used in various DEs, WMs, with various Gtk toolkits, are stored in the corresponding subfolders.

• Thank you just! That was very helpful.
    I just changed the code to match my likes under /usr/share/themes/Numix-Frost/gnome-shell/gnome-shell.css.

• @denlud said in Modify user themes:

I just changed the code to match my likes under /usr/share/themes/Numix-Frost/gnome-shell/gnome-shell.css.

Right. I modify it too, occasionally.

extension7 design3 gnome227 Posts 6Views 741