• Like 0

Can't unlock screen with correct password

Hi everyone!
    I installed Antergos Cinnamon Edition like 7 months ago and everything was more or less OK. But now I have a bit of a trouble I can’t solve it. I fail to unlock screen with the correct password: I enter the password and then get the error message “Incorrect password”. Then in order to access my desktop again I have to switch the user and enter a password from login screen.
    It seems to be a simple issue, I tried to change permissions of .Xauthority, tried also to delete it, but it didn’t work. I also tried to reinstall lightdm-gtk-greeter, but it didn’t work. My Antergos linux version is 4.8.11-1-ARCH and Cinnamon version is 3.2.2.
    It would be great if you could advise me something.
    Thank you in advance!

• Like 0

@apricis said

I fail to unlock screen with the correct password…
    in order to access my desktop again I have to switch the user and enter a password from login screen.

Sorry if I sound silly, but is there any possibility that you have switched language input before locking your screen? Are you using multiple language inputs?

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.04 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Like 0

@anarch Hi, yes, I’m using multiple language inputs (4 to be precise). My password is in English and the corresponding keyboard is also English. Moreover, I’ve tried to use all 4 languages for that (maybe some mess with the keyboard layouts switching) and none works.

• Like 0

@apricis said

maybe some mess with the keyboard layouts switching

Most probably, yes. Have you tried locking/unlocking the screen while you ve been using the English layout? Are you also unable to get the correct password?

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.04 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Like 0

@anarch Yes, just tried that now, it doesn’t work. The weird thing is that login screen works perfectly and this lock screen fails. Aren’t they using the same cookies in .Xauthority?

unlock1 password14 Posts 5Views 183