• Problem when trying to install Intellij IDEA Ultimate (AUR)

Hi,
    I have an annoying problem when trying to install the ultimate edition of Intellij IDEA (from AUR https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/intellij-idea-ultimate-edition/)). I get this output :

[...]
    ==> Creating package "intellij-idea-ultimate-edition"...
      -> Generating .PKGINFO file...
      -> Generating .BUILDINFO file...
      -> Generating .MTREE file...
      -> Compressing package...
    cat: write error: No space left on device
    bsdtar: Write error
    ==> ERROR: Failed to create package file.
    ==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build intellij-idea-ultimate-edition.
    ==> Restart building intellij-idea-ultimate-edition ? [y/N]
    ==> -------------------------------------------------------
    ==> 

I googled the error

cat: write error: No space left on device

nd found out that it’s a lake of space issue but I have a fresh install with 200 gigs allocated to my arch partition. Take a look to

df -h

output:

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    dev             2.9G     0  2.9G   0% /dev
    run             2.9G  1.2M  2.9G   1% /run
    /dev/sda7       188G  8.8G  177G   5% /
    tmpfs           2.9G  177M  2.7G   7% /dev/shm
    tmpfs           2.9G     0  2.9G   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs           2.9G  2.5G  424M  86% /tmp
    tmpfs           586M   16K  586M   1% /run/user/1000

Any ideas ?
    Thank you in advance.

• The error is due to your system RAM not your disk space. Its because makepkg uses /tmp when building packages. You can change it to use /var/tmp in the config file: /etc/makepkg.conf. That being said, I recommend installing jetbrains-toolbox instead as it allows you to download, install, and manage all JetBrains products from a single place :smiley:

• @lots.0.logs Thank you :+1: what do you mean my RAM ? It’s corrupted ? I have 6 gigs

• The /tmp directory resides in system memory (not on your harddrive). By default it is limited to a max size of 50% of the system’s available memory at any given time. Basically, what happened was that you hit the limit while trying to build that package.

• @lots.0.logs said in Problem when trying to install Intellij IDEA Ultimate (AUR):

The /tmp directory resides in system memory (not on your harddrive). By default it is limited to a max size of 50% of the system’s available memory at any given time. Basically, what happened was that you hit the limit while trying to build that package.

Okey I understand know :smiley: many thanks :wink:

intellij2 aur34 problems5 Posts 5Views 847