• Mirrorlist errors.

Hi,

I was looking through the syslog/jourmal or whatever it’s called when I do ‘journalctl’ (not a systemd expert yet) :) and found these errors:

Dec 01 00:00:51 thinkpad systemd[30909]: pamac-mirrorlist.service: Failed at step EXEC spawning /usr/bin/pacman-mirrors: No such file or directory
    Dec 01 00:00:51 thinkpad systemd[1]: pamac-mirrorlist.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=203/EXEC
    Dec 01 00:00:51 thinkpad systemd[1]: Failed to start Generate mirrorlist.
    Dec 01 00:00:51 thinkpad systemd[1]: pamac-mirrorlist.service: Unit entered failed state.
    Dec 01 00:00:51 thinkpad systemd[1]: pamac-mirrorlist.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

Should I worry about this and what could I do to fix it?

• Use this to disable it:
    sudo systemctl disable pamac-mirrorlist.service

Do you have pamac installed?

• @karasu said in Mirrorlist errors.:

Use this to disable it:
    sudo systemctl disable pamac-mirrorlist.service

Do you have pamac installed?

Yes, I have Pamac installed. If I disable the service do I lose functionality? I kinda like Pamac since I was a Synaptic user on Ubuntu and Pamac is as close as I can get on Antegros.

• @karasu I looked some more into this and found that /lib/systemd/system/pamac-mirrorlist.service contains this line:

ExecStart=/usr/bin/pacman-mirrors -g

When I try to run it in the terminal I get:

No such file or directory

Am I missing something obvious here or is it broken? Also, pacman-mirrors seems to be part of Manjaro: https://github.com/manjaro/pacman-mirrors but I can’t find it in Antegros/Arch. not even in AUR.

• pacman-mirrors updates Manjaro’s mirror list. You don’t need it at all in Antergos ;)

We provide the package antergos-mirrorlist, that is updated when needed.

Cheers!

• @karasu Thanks, I know about the mirror update, but why does the systemd service point to an executable that doesn’t exist on an Antegros system causing the error message I was asking about in the first post? Just trying to understand how it works.

• It’s installed when pamac is installed. We could disable it ourselves with Cnchi, but we don’t.

To be honest, we missed this one, but is totally harmless.

• @karasu said in Mirrorlist errors.:

It’s installed when pamac is installed. We could disable it ourselves with Cnchi, but we don’t.

To be honest, we missed this one, but is totally harmless.

Wouldn’t I have to disable the timer in addition to the service? Good to hear it’s not important. Trying to learn my new distro so I am looking in all corners :)

• This post is deleted!
pamac37 mirrorlist7 systemd-journal3 Posts 9Views 774