• GTK3+ dashed lines bug

Hi there fellow Archers,

I have a problem with my GTK3+ theme. I am using the Arc-Dark theme on Linux Antergos with the Gnome desktop environment. I am seeing dashed lines on the edges of GTK3+ applications, and I cannot get rid of them.

I have tried the following:

• Edit ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css to:
    .undershoot.top, .undershoot.right, .undershoot.bottom, .undershoot.left { background-image: none; }

• Edit /usr/share/themes/Arc-Dark/gtk-3.0/gtk.css:
    outline-style: dashed; - changed to outline-style: none;

This is weird, because I’ve been using this theme for 2 days without this problem. The problem occurred after I tried to install the following gnome shell extension:
    https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/162/todo-list/

The extension failed to install, probably because it isn’t compatible with the latest version of gnome shell (3.22.2).

Some packages were also updated, but I don’t know exactly which packages were updated.
    After I started noticing this problem, I tried reverting to the default Adwaita theme, which did not have the dashed lines. Now I’m seeing the dashed lines on the default theme too, and since no solutions I found work, I guess I would classify this as a bug.
    Any ideas ?

P.S: If you want me to provide any logs of some sorts, can you please include the command for it ? I am a new Arch user (3 days and counting), and there are quite a few differences from the distro I’m used with (Kali Linux).
    Thanks !

[EDIT]
    I guess it’s worth noting I looked for any .css file with the outline-style: dashed; string in it. Here’s the output:

[[email protected] /usr/share/themes]$ sudo grep -lr --include='*.css' 'outline-style: dashed' /
    /usr/share/themes/Arc/gtk-3.0/gtk-dark.css
    /usr/share/themes/Arc/gtk-3.0/gtk.css
    /usr/share/themes/Arc-Darker/gtk-3.0/gtk-dark.css
    /usr/share/themes/Arc-Darker/gtk-3.0/gtk.css

As you can see, the only other .css files that have this setting are the other 2 Arc themes, which I am not using, so there is no config file that could override my settings.

• I solved the problem on my own. It seems I was using an old/incompatible syntax for the ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css file.

Solution:

Edit/create file ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css:

undershoot.top, undershoot.right, undershoot.bottom, undershoot.left { background-image: none; }

themes15 gnome 3.22.210 gtk39 bugs7 Posts 2Views 630
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.