• Screensaver/lockscreen don't work properly after update

Hi
    I’ve come to use Antergos a couple days ago.
    now today i installed an update i remember it included a bunch of cinnamon things
    after that the screensaver/lockscreen was broken
    firstly i am unable to login with my password because it always says the password is wrong that forces me to press the change user button and log in through lightdm
    secondly the clock in the same screen does not change

looking through the logs i found this in journalctl -b

Nov 24 19:15:50 Lain-Iwakura python3[1103]: PAM unable to dlopen(/usr/lib/security/pam_selinux_permit.so): /usr/lib/security/pam_selinux_permit.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    Nov 24 19:15:50 Lain-Iwakura python3[1103]: PAM adding faulty module: /usr/lib/security/pam_selinux_permit.so
    Nov 24 19:15:50 Lain-Iwakura python3[1103]: pam_unix(cinnamon-desktop:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=1000 euid=1000 tty= ruser= rhost=  user=lain

i would very much appreciate if someone could help me with this.

• I have the same issue with the password and having to use the switch user button to get back in. I did not notice the clock, but didn’t look too closely. I noticed there was a new cinnamon-screensaver update today that I just installed. I was just getting ready to try rebooting to see if that fixes it.

• i’ve gotten the new update but it didn’t fix it for me sadly

• I have the same issue, cinnamon-screensaver was updated to 3.2.6-1, but it’s still not working

• This issue should be resolved with the latest updates to both cinnamon-screensaver and cinnamon-desktop. Cheers! :smiley:

• @lots.0.logs said in Screensaver/lockscreen don't work properly after update:

This issue should be resolved with the latest updates to both cinnamon-screensaver and cinnamon-desktop. Cheers! :smiley:

Yes! After install the newest Cinnamon-Update my passwort works after sleep (login)

ThinkPad x200 with Antergos

• @lots.0.logs It didn’t fix it for me sadly i installed both of them but the problem sadly persists

• @asdion have you make a restart?

ThinkPad x200 with Antergos

• i ways have the same thang hapen the up date fix it just head tow rew start

• After several updates it appeared that my screen wasn’t locking at all even though it was going to sleep after my set time. I went out today and when I came home it looks like everything is working correctly again

• The problem still persists is there anything i can at least try?

• as a note if it is of relevance i found out that it is not possible to change the password of the account
    after the recent screensaverupdate my clock works properly again
    and i can’t log in still

• And it is still broken
    but i was able to find something out >after an update completely killed the cinnamon settings
    when i enter my password in the window for changing it it would usually be checked but instead the terminal throws this at me

File "/usr/share/cinnamon/cinnamon-settings/modules/cs_user.py", line 348, in _on_current_password_changed
        auth = PAM.pam()
    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'pam'

sadly unlike with the problem with the settings in general i was unable to find out what i am supposed to do about this

properly4 Posts 14Views 1099