• Installer error: 348949 when selecting Flash

Hi there,

I tried installing antergos using antergos-2016.11.20-x86_64.iso. I selected the GNOME desktop and a few other things and received an error message. I retried a few times and narrowed it down to the flash plugin. When I leave this feature unchecked for the installation I do not get the error. So I simply installed without but I wanted to report the problem here.

Error message: “Cannot create download packages list (metalinks).”

Screenshot of error message:
    error message

cnchi log: http://slexy.org/view/s21b3dTCgK

IIRC I noticed a msg while updating packages on my other antergos machine about pepper-flash - either it was renamed or another packages was installed in its place. I can’t remember exactly but maybe this is related.

Thanks to all antergos contributors - I love it.

• IIRC I noticed a msg while updating packages on my other antergos machine about pepper-flash - either it was renamed or another packages was installed in its place. I can’t remember exactly but maybe this is related.

Totally related ;)

chromium-pepper-flash got renamed to pepper-flash, making cnchi unable to install it.

It should be fixed now, but I must admit I haven’t got any time to test it yet.

https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/commit/ce521832dfd137843f0b0bdd4f80c38070c69102

Cheers!

• I got the same error. Latest ISO

• @jolebole please, do not select Flash and when you are in your new system:

sudo pacman -S pepper-flash flashplugin

Cheers!

• I was having the same problem with installing. Thanks for posting the fix. I will test it today for the fix and let @karasu know if it works!

• I tried again today using the same same install stick (still antergos-2016.11.20-x86_64.iso). After giving cnchi some time to update and restart itself I checked the packages.xml to see if the change of to the flash package name was there. It was and the installation worked without any problems - including the flash plugin. :-) Thanks!

P.S.: maybe it makes sense to have a solution to this problem as a sticky topic for a while? Just in order to mitigete duplicate topics.

installation192 error170 cnchi104 Posts 6Views 442