• Login Issue with LightDM Webkit Greeter Not Accepting User Input

This post is deleted!
  • @longliveantergos How about changing your DM to SDDM or GDM?

Never to old to learn.

• Excuse me, I don’t understand you.

• @longliveantergos
    If I understood you correctly, you are able to login but only after giving it a few tries.
    In case LightDM is the reason for this you could choose to change to an other DM.
    The DM of LightDM stands for Display Manager. Antergos comes with LightDM by default, but you can change to an other Display Manager (DM) of choice. In most cases this would either be SDDM or GDM.

Never to old to learn.

• I think the title is misleading. Not only is there a problem with the greeter, but also your deskot freezes AFTER you apply the drag and drop workaround. Am I correct?
    I such a case, can you give some more info?
    Did it happen recently or this machine wasn t used for a time?
    Are you (by any chance) using Gnome? Such freezes remind me of Gnome 3.22 switched to Wayland by default. In this case can you switch to the “Gnome on Xorg” option before login and check?

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• This post is deleted!
  • @just said

I don’t use and don’t have Grub 2.

If I m not mistaken the “unit=multi-user.target” exists as a choice at the bottom of the grub with no need to press e

• Still, the thread title “LightDM Webkit Greeter Not Accepting User Input” is irrelevant to what we re discussing here…
      I found the relevant thread after I had answered here. Isn t it pitty to leave that shown “unsolved” and abandoned and solve it here, instead? Won t be helping users this way…:astonished:

Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500

• @anarch said in Login Issue with LightDM Webkit Greeter Not Accepting User Input:

@just said

I don’t use and don’t have Grub 2.

If I m not mistaken the “unit=multi-user.target” exists as a choice at the bottom of the grub with no need to press e

Almost surely you’re right. As I never install a bootloader, nowhere, I don’t familiar with the default Antergos boot menu.

…Won t be helping users this way…:astonished:

I lost myself among various threads and topics :confused:

• There ARE 2 different threads and you are right, this one is not about the frozen white screen (see title above). This one is about not being able to log in and having to use the drag & drop workaround. I don’t understand how the 2 threads got mixed up. But when people take time to reply, I reply.

• Guys, it is my fault, sorry. I understood axioma’s reply as regarding the thread regarding the white screen. What can I do to fix this?

• No worries @longliveantergos , just considering keeping this discussion there. This thread has already been OFF TOPIC.
    Cheers

• @longliveantergos As of OP’s title, this topic is about LightDM issue. Not about the system’s freeze. Please, don’t confuse me further :) , and move the question to the appropriate topic.

greeter4 lightdm87 webkit3 login63 Posts 12Views 503