• No notification icon for the software updater.

Hi,

I know that I have a notification icon for the software updater right after I installed Antergos. Now I don’t . I do get notifications for updates, but there’s no icon. I have tried to toggle the “Hide icon when no update available” but I am bot able to get the notification icon back. Probably something I’ve done, but whatever it is I’m not figuring out.

//Christian

• @cdysthe

Check that you have pamac installed, then, run pamac-tray this way:
    pamac-tray &

The icon should appear. If it does, then make it start with your session (that depends on the DE you’re using).

• @karasu said in No notification icon for the software updater.:

@cdysthe

Check that you have pamac installed, then, run pamac-tray this way:
    pamac-tray &

The icon should appear. If it does, then make it start with your session (that depends on the DE you’re using).

I’m running GNOME with GDM. The pamac-tray & command starts a pamac process but no icon. I have icons for Slack, Hexchat and Dropbox so tray icons works but not for pamac.

//Christian

• @cdysthe said

I know that I have a notification icon for the software updater right after I installed Antergos. Now I don’t . I do get notifications for updates, but there’s no icon.

Did you install your Gnome system before Gnome Shell got upgraded to 3.22? Can t confirm it now, but this is how the pamac tray icon had disappeared when I had switched to Wayland before it became default I had only the notification from the notification area but not the tray icon.
    Can anyone else confirm that the issue still persists?
    Now, are you using the “GNOME” or “GNOME ON XORG” entry to login? If you switch entry, does anything change?

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.04 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch said in No notification icon for the software updater.:

Did you install your Gnome system before Gnome Shell got upgraded to 3.22? Can t confirm it now, but this is how the pamac tray icon had disappeared when I had switched to Wayland before it became default I had only the notification from the notification area but not the tray icon.
    Can anyone else confirm that the issue still persists?..

I can fully confirm @anarch’s assumption. The issue still persists. Temporarily restored Gnome 3.22.2 from backup to make the test:
    0_1479620956723_apricity-gnome-3.22.2-info.png

The notification message pops up, informing about available updates, both in Xorg and Wayland sessions.

When Gnome 3.22 runs on Xorg, the pamac icon is present in system tray, and is red because of available updates:
    0_1479621108336_apricity-pamac-ison-present-xorg.png
    I use SyncThing (Gtk2). Its icon is also present in system tray; it’s the leftmost one.

When Gnome 3.22 runs on Wayland, the pamac icon is absent in system tray:
    0_1479621252327_apricity-pamac-icon-absent-wayland.png
    SyncThing’s icon also disappears from the system tray.

Removing Gnome 3 again :) .

icon23 updater2 notification7 Posts 5Views 404