• Gnome not locking screen automatically

@joekamprad

As you pointed out use gnome-screensaver it looks like jumping 10yr in the past but in the same way I would expect that a simple and consolidated functionality like auto lock screen is working out of the box without need to workaround and waste time for it.

I know this is not related directly to Antergos but to some issue between light locker and gnome anyway I just don’t understand why Antergos ship with lightdm if it is not working, it should install GDM by default if you select gnome desktop.

• lightdm was working before, this is the danger of Rolling Release, and i am shure antergos devs are working on it!
    And my thinking is that we as community users are with them fixing stuff like this.

• @joekamprad
    Right that’s why I opened this thread:

• I cannot find any complete information about this problem.
    • I got the same issue about 6 month ago and now I have installed on a new machine Antergos and nothing is changed.

Probably the best we can do is ask light locker to fix this issue:
    https://github.com/the-cavalry/light-locker/issues/82

Anyway Antergos devs should evaluate the possibility to switch to GDM also because Gnome settings are functional with it: ( I don’t know if there is any place where I open this request)

• it is just confusing to have 3 places to set the lock functionality all not working.
    • Even if light locker was working fine we still have 2 settings in gnome not used.
  • @postadelmaga:
    LightDM is a cross-desktop display manager,so it is the best soluton for default, devs do this here in freetimes, also it follows the KISS idea.

You are right on a request to have a clean solution for locking from Gnome.

• by the way:

light-locker is a simple locker (forked from gnome-screensaver) that aims to have simple, sane, secure defaults and be well integrated with the desktop while not carrying any desktop-specific dependencies.
    It relies on lightdm for locking and unlocking your session via ConsoleKit/UPower or logind/systemd.”

and lightLocker: Last updated over 2 years ago.

• Right Place for general Antergos :
    antergos-talks

Already put a question there: lightdm-gnome-locking-problems

gnome-shell16 lockscreen13 lightlocker4 Posts 26Views 9422
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.