• Firefox/Chromium not opening

I installed the antergos with the xfce desktop on my laptop (ASUS GL552VW), but when i try to open firefox, chromium nothing happens and no output in terminal. Tried with OpenBox its the same problem

• @Netteli other apps open?

• If you run the live media do you encounter the same problem? If you haven t run “Try Antergos” before installing it, please do so now and let us know of the result.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch On the live media chromium works fine.

@megaman Multimedia programs, accesories programs, document viewer, image viewer, pidgin, transmission works but libre office, cmake, playonlinux, web browsers

• I don’t really know what’s wrong, but to me it looks like a faulty installation.

Can you check your cnchi log file? It should be in /var/log/cnchi-<date>.log

Cheers!

• @karasu There is no /var/log/cnchi-<date>.log only /var/log/cnchi/ and some logs from 11.15 (installation day)

• Oh yes, sorry. We did change that. Yes, check inside cnchi directory, there should be a cnchi-<date>.log file inside

• @karasu
    [2_1479407001477_postinstall-20161115-181031.log](Uploading 100%) [1_1479407001477_pacman-20161115-181031.log](Uploading 100%) [0_1479407001476_cnchi-20161115-181031.log](Uploading 100%)

• Use paste2.org and put the links here. Uploading files here does not seem to work.

Thanks!

• http://paste2.org/V5BONHD4

seems like chromium is not installed but selected before inside the cnchi installer gui…

2016-11-15 17:54:37 [DEBUG] features.py(353) store_switches(): Feature 'chromium' has been selected

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    my#repo
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• Hi,

In the installation, you selected firefox. Does it work?

If you want to use Chromium:

sudo pacman -Syu
    sudo pacman -S chromium

libreoffice and playonlinux should work, they were installed.

• @joekamprad maybe it’s a bug in the installer, but if I recall correctly, if you select firefox then chromium is “unselected”. But my memory could be failing on this one.

• @karasu : o.k. i never choose to install firefox… 😉

my#repo
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• I selected firefox, then install chromium when i saw firefox is not working.

• i can try to reproduce it …

my#repo
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @Netteli when you install with live media you choose firefox? and deselect chromium?

… chromium is selected by default inside cnchi…

I can’t see anything strange inside the logs… for firefox all dependencies are installed, and nothing fails… only mirrors failed to connect…

my#repo
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @Netteli : do you try to run Firefox/chromium outside a Terminal? may you get some failure notice.

my#repo
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad I tried it in terminal and no errors/output in terminal.

opening6 firefoxchromium1 Posts 19Views 1609
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.