• Enable screen lock / blank screen in Antergos?

How do you enable screen lock / blank screen in Antergos with Gnome desktop.

What are the steps required to ensure that the screen locks or blanks after a set time. In other words what do I need to enable or disable in, Light Locker, screensaver, power and privacy settings what are the correct combinations to enable the lock screen and blank the screen?

I can see on my system that the following are available:

1. Light Locker Setting is available
    2. Screen Locker in startup applications
    3. Screensaver in startup applications
    4. The default lock screen, I believe it to be Light DM
    5. Power and privacy in the settings menu

It sounds like a basic request but it is an important one that is easy to enable in other Linux operating systems and it is frustrating not being able to work this out…

• Have you disabled any settings you may have had in Gnome s native power settings and then enable what you want from light locker?

To manually lock the screen, there s an extension too that places an icon on the taskbar.
    https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/83/lock-screen/
    (the keyboard shortcuts should be Ctrl+Alt+L or Windowskey+L (haven t used Gnome for some time and not sure which one).

To manually blank the screen there s also an extension (not working under Wayland)
    https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/897/turn-off-display/

You may also take a look at this thead:
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/5430/screen-won-t-turn-off-after-set-time-on-my-lenovo-thinkpad-x1-carbon/2
    Cheers

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch thanks for your response.

Figured out what works for me.

With lightdm as the lock screen:

In the settings menu, under privacy, Screen Lock set to Off

In the settings menu, under power, Blank Screen set to Never

In the Light Locker Settings:

1. Set Blank screen after to desired duration, this will blank the screen after the set time.
    2. Turn on Enable light-locker.
    3. Set Automatically lock the session to - When the screensaver is activated.
    4. Apply these settings.

In startup applications, which I can see through the Tweek Tool, I have Screensaver and Screen Locker present and therefore set to start when the operating system starts.

This worked for me this post is marked as solved.

Cheers.

• @johnyv123 , You re welcome!

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

blank screen10 screenlock1 Posts 4Views 1668
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.