• Xfce stuck on login (testing) (solved)

intalled xfce using testing build and when I log in the desktop does not load- it just stays at the login screen. I have used the same iso to install gnome and mate and had no issue. Another question, what is the password for the live iso?

• intalled xfce using testing build and when I log in the desktop does not load- it just stays at the login screen. I have used the same iso to install gnome and mate and had no issue. Another question, what is the password for the live iso?

• Thanks, the Xfce issue is on our release blocker list so it’ll get sorted soon. The live iso doesnt have a password. It is configured in a way that you can use su/sudo with out a password. You can also log in on the terminal console with root and no password. The only things that won’t work this way are programs that use the gnome-keyring daemon (which presents a black popup asking for password)

Cheers!

• I’m experiencing the same problem, so instead of reinstalling antergos again, is the something that I can do from the live cd to fix my install and be able to login ?

• Hi,

Check that in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf user-session variable is xfce and not startxfce4

user-session = xfce

Cheers!

• @“karasu”:2sav7hdx said:

Hi,

Check that in /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf user-session variable is xfce and not startxfce4

user-session = xfce

Cheers![/quote:2sav7hdx]

Thanks for responding, I will try that once I get home.

• seems the issue has been fixed in the latest version

Posts 7Views 2666
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.