• Can you tell me a lil bit more about Razor QT

I’m a big kde fan… and I love the control and the installer of Antergos. But what exactly does razor qt install… is it a “kde base” install? (i dont use alot of kde packages, i just like the “shell”, i use kde w/o any effects or many kdecentric packages) for now I installed xfce and kdebase-workspace and kmix, dolphin,k3b, and 2 extra widgets for the taskbar…

thanks for any help someone can give me

• I’m a big kde fan… and I love the control and the installer of Antergos. But what exactly does razor qt install… is it a “kde base” install? (i dont use alot of kde packages, i just like the “shell”, i use kde w/o any effects or many kdecentric packages) for now I installed xfce and kdebase-workspace and kmix, dolphin,k3b, and 2 extra widgets for the taskbar…

thanks for any help someone can give me

• Well, this first Razor-qt set up was just like an experiment, the thing is that we have to figure it out which packages include that do not depend on KDE. And the biggest problem with that is the network manager. There’s only one QT networkmanager frontend available and it needs kdebase-workspace installed, so that’s why when you choose razor-qt in our installer, it’ll install razor-qt and kdebase-workspace, so you will end up with both desktops installed.

We’re thinking about using connman and qconnman-ui as network manager in razor-qt, that way we can have a non-kde-dependant Razor-qt installation and then having KDE as another choice to install among the others

• I like/love kde, but not all the kde apps… I was just looking for a basic kde setup for arch, I tried using their net install… the scripts are not working or i’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, also i’m using a wireless setup, which never quite works well…so having an actual “installer” and using arch is best of both worlds for me… I figured xfce is a nice set of apps, and in my previous post, I just installed a few kde centric apps/packages and use the base/workspace to my liking…

just looking for a way to install “just” kdebase and my favapps, and not have more than that as my desktop enviornment… thats all…
    thanks for your reply, I’ll keep checking in on the forums and news incase something changes to what i’m looking for…

Posts 4Views 1373