• How to uninstall Conky?

After 5 hours of being unable to get any Conky configuration to work, I’ve decided to uninstall it. Maybe I’ll try again later, as I got conky configured in Ubuntu, but couldn’t in Antergos. But I can’t seem to uninstall it.

sudo pacman -Rsn conky 

returns

error: target not found: conky

However, if I run conky from command line, the default configuration starts. The program does not show up in pamac-manager. However, conky-lua-nv (installed since conky-lua doesn’t work with the lastest version of conky) does show up. How do I remove conky?

• @Knightr1der said in How to uninstall Conky?:

…How do I remove conky?

$ yaourt -Rcnsu conky-lua-nv
    checking dependencies...

Package (4)   Old Version  Net Change

libxnvctrl    375.10-1      -0.52 MiB
    lua51         5.1.5-5       -0.85 MiB
    tolua++       1.0.93-2      -0.29 MiB
    conky-lua-nv  1.10.5-1     -10.18 MiB

Total Removed Size:  11.83 MiB

:: Do you want to remove these packages? [Y/n] No, thanks
    $ 

• That worked. Thank you. Will have to find an alternative to conky since I wasn’t able to get it to work.

• @Knightr1der said in How to uninstall Conky?:

That worked. Thank you. Will have to find an alternative to conky since I wasn’t able to get it to work.

That sounds a bit strange. Conky-lua-nv works like a charm here… If you have an NVIDIA card:

0_1478749561671_conky-lua-nv.png

If you want to reinstall it, then:

yaourt -S conky-lua-nv

• It installs fine, then I creat the .conkyrc file, configure .conkyrc and it doesn’t recognize anything I put in the file. Basically the default config never changes. If I use the original version and make changes, I get a bunch of errors.

• try to use the

yaourt -S conky-manager

It is a easy to use config util for conky:
    conky-manager

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    http://kamprad.net/howto-installing-antergos/
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/1883/how-to-include-system-logs-when-asking-for-help

conky8 uninstall5 Posts 6Views 517