• Cinnamon 3.22 How to upgrade version

My system has not been updated to this version. Changed mirrors (tested on servers update was available), but the upgrade did not come. Then I realized that the update is their repo community and that it is necessary to change the priority in pacman.conf (or wait until the new version will be in the repo antergos).
    If someone is in a hurry is updated to Cinnamon 3.2 and it doesn’t work, then you can use this solution.

Russian fan club of Antergos

• I do not recommend updating to Cinnamon 3.2 just yet. There are breaking changes for themes in this release. That’s why we are holding the update back just a bit (to give theme authors time to make adjustments).

• Thanks for information. I didn’t face such problem. The only problem, is Shutter badly works, hangs.
    0_1478675000833_Выделение_001.jpg

• @lots.0.logs said in Cinnamon 3.22 How to upgrade version:

I do not recommend updating to Cinnamon 3.2 just yet. There are breaking changes for themes in this release…

Just wanted to illustrate what happens with Cinnamon shell themes, if you upgrade it to 3.2 right now.

Two following pictures are Cinnamon 3.0 with user-defined shell theme. Everything is well.

0_1478682542801_cinnamon-3.0-shell-theme-01-user-part.png
    Fig. 01 Cinnamon 3.0, user-defined shell theme

0_1478682580892_cinnamon-3.0-shell-theme-02-user-part.png
    Fig. 02 Cinnamon 3.0, user-defined shell theme

The following two pictures are Cinnamon 3.2 with the same user-defined shell theme. Theme breaks.

0_1478682609531_cinnamon-3.2-shell-theme-01-user-part.png
    Fig. 03 Cinnamon 3.2, user-defined shell theme

0_1478682627782_cinnamon-3.2-shell-theme-02-user-part.png
    Fig. 04 Cinnamon 3.2, user-defined shell theme

Dropdown menus theming changes. From the user-defined theme it returns to the default Cinnamon theme. All other graphical elements (windows) remain unaffected, and keep a user-defined GTK theme.

Two following pictures are Cinnamon 3.2 with the default Cinnamon shell theme.

0_1478682655365_cinnamon-3.2-shell-theme-03-default-part.png
    Fig. 05 Cinnamon 3.2, default Cinnamon shell theme

0_1478682674079_cinnamon-3.2-shell-theme-04-default-part.png
    Fig. 06 Cinnamon 3.2, default Cinnamon shell theme

As you can see, dropdown menus theming in Fig. 03 and Fig. 05, as well as in Fig. 04 and Fig. 06 is identical. Those from the default Cinnamon shell theme.

I suspect that this is not caused by cinnamon-3.2, but by the newly installed xapps package - cinnamon-3.2 depends on it now.

@tuxnot You are affected by the issue, as everyone else. But you don’t notice it, as you’re using the default Cinnamon shell theme.

Regards

• Сnnamon was updated to version 3.2.1-3. Operatively.

• @tuxnot Just out of curiosity, could you please post back here the full output of

sudo pacman -Syy

• @just

[[email protected] ~]$ sudo pacman -Syy
    [sudo] пароль для tux: 
    :: Обновление баз данных пакетов...
     community                  3,7 MiB  3,91M/s 00:01 [######################] 100%
     antergos                 131,1 KiB  1121K/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
     core                     120,8 KiB  1569K/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
     extra                   1755,7 KiB  2032K/s 00:01 [######################] 100%
     multilib                 184,2 KiB   849K/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
    [[email protected] ~]$

On another I wouldn’t be updated to the new version.

• @tuxnot Ok, I see.

I’d suggest only two things, with your permission.

Never separate one native Arch repo from another, and never change their order, which is:

core
    extra
    community
    multilib

Keep the (antergos] repo at the highhest priority, above other repos. Place it elsewhere only if you’re very confident with Arch:

antergos
    core
    extra
    community
    multilib

Yes, in this case you’ll remain with cinnamon-3.0 for some time. Believe me, Antergos devs have their good reasons for keeping [antergos] repo at the highest priority.

If you want to have cinnamon-3.2 at all costs and right now, change the repos order, at your own risk and loosing the Antergos devs support

core
    extra
    community
    multilib
    antergos

Regards

• @just Thanks for the info. I understand that I am doing at your own risk, but I don’t think that can happen something with what could not cope. Moreover, I trust
    Arch.

3.222 upgrade40 cinnamon68 Posts 9Views 1123