• Can't boot antergos after windows installation.

Hello everyone,
    I’ve been using Antergos(64 bit) on my lenovo b50-10 laptop for almost an year now and I’ve never had any problems. Unfortunately for college reasons I had to recently install windows 7. I resized one of the partitions I had, formatted it as NTFS and installed windows on it. The installation went fine and now I can boot Windows if in the Bios screen I selecte the the Uefi mode.
    After that I tried to boot into legacy mode and see if Antergos was still working but grub was corrupted and was displaying the grub rescue terminal(as I was expecting) so I followed this other post’s solution in order to restore it (https://forum.antergos.com/topic/1380/solved-missing-grub-command-reinstall-grub/5).
    The steps suggested in the post seemed to work except for the mkconfig command which generated some errors:

Generating grub configuration file ...
    ERROR: mkdir /var/lock/dmraid
      WARNING: Failed to connect to lvmetad. Falling back to device scanning.
    done

I tried to reboot and grub was working again but the menu wasn’t showing any antergos entries (it was displaying only the entry for an android os I tried to install some time ago and I never deleted. this option was showing also before I installed windows).
    I’ve actually tried several other solutions that I found on the internet but none of them seem to work.
    At a certain point I’ve even found an old grub.cfg file (the one I had before installing the android os, for which I had to create a new entry) but when I booted it gave me an error saying something like “file vmlinuz not found”.
    In order to make you understand you better this is what I get if I run $parted /dev/sda print

Model: ATA ST500LT012-1DG14 (scsi)
    Disk /dev/sda: 500GB
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/4096B
    Partition Table: gpt
    Disk Flags: 

Number  Start   End     Size    File system     Name  Flags
     1      1049kB  3048kB  2000kB                        bios_grub
     2      3048kB  253MB   250MB   fat32                 boot, esp
     3      253MB   4349MB  4096MB  linux-swap(v1)
     4      4349MB  29.3GB  25.0GB  ext4
     5      29.3GB  179GB   150GB   ext4
     6      179GB   431GB   252GB   ext4
     7      431GB   500GB   69.1GB  ntfs                  msftdata

where sda4 is my root partition, sda5 is my /home, and sda2 is /boot partition. sda6 is just a partition on which I keep other stuff and sda7 is windows.
    If you need anything else I can post it cause I can still access the all the files inside the antergos’ partitions. Hope you can help me.

• Regarding the first screenshot: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1965163

you need to mount the /run partition during installation of the bootloader

mnt --bind /run /mnt/run

as for the lvmetad error, you could disable it with

vim /etc/lvm/lvm.conf
    use_lvmetad=0

Then you’ll probably have to regenerate the initram with

mkinitcpio -p linux

All of this while being chroot in the installed system of course.

installation292 boot282 windows64 Posts 2Views 1031
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.