• lxqt or file mgr problem?

Sadly i dumped lxqt after several problems moving files between windows; also moving and editing files on usb thumb drives. Now i am having the same problems with xfce. Do they both use the Thunar file manager by default? And could that be the issue, rather than lxqt? How can i switch to pacmanfm? Thanks!

• @billwx
    LXQT is the successor of Lxde (formed after merging Razor-QT and LXde) and both are using PCMan file-manager. Xfce is using Thunar as its default file-manager.

It looks like your problem is file-manager independent. Do you encounter this issue with all of your USB thumb drives or just with a specific thumb drive?

MSI Notebook:
    MSI GE70-2PEQuad core Intel Core i7-4710HQKingston 16 GB RAMIntel 4th Gen. Integr. GPU/NVidia GeForce GTX860MQualcomm Atheros Killer E2200/Intel Wireless 3160

• All thumb drives are affected, as well as the known Thunar issue of transferring between windows on the same drive. Does Openbox use Thunar by chance? Somehow it seems i had both file managers on the Openbox/LxQt setup?

• @billwx you use pcmanfm-qt or pcmanfm ?

• @billwx said in lxqt or file mgr problem?:

All thumb drives are affected, as well as the known Thunar issue of transferring between windows on the same drive. Does Openbox use Thunar by chance? Somehow it seems i had both file managers on the Openbox/LxQt setup?

Thunar is a part of Xfce, not of Openbox.

I think to test the whole situation the best is to format at least 1 thumb drive in a terminal and test afterwards if you still have any issues with it. If you can read/write after formatting the thumb drive you could format all thumb drives.

Reading your post more carefully i recognize your problem since i had similar experience with some of my thumb drive. After formatting them in a terminal the problem was gone.

MSI Notebook:
    MSI GE70-2PEQuad core Intel Core i7-4710HQKingston 16 GB RAMIntel 4th Gen. Integr. GPU/NVidia GeForce GTX860MQualcomm Atheros Killer E2200/Intel Wireless 3160

lxqt9 mgr1 Posts 5Views 890
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.