• No new updates in a couple weeks - pacman broken?

A couple weeks back, my system upgraded GNOME to 3.22, and a few days later the kernel 4.8 upgrade became available. However, the latter wouldn’t install because I use the nvidia binary driver and it specified “linux <4.8” as a version requirement. I figured it would just be a matter of waiting until the nvidia update was in the repositories as well. At some point later, pacman decided to downgrade GNOME 3.22 to 3.20; I figured there’d been a problem with the upgrade that some maintainer hadn’t caught in time.

Since then, however, I have seen zero new updates from any sources, and while pacman -Su gives no errors when running an update (“there is nothing to do”) it does seem like something has broken.

As far as I can tell nothing about my config is non-standard. All the existing pacman troubleshooting steps involve working from a specific error, so the usual wiki searches don’t really give me anything useful here. Anyone else seeing this?

• Try sudo pacman -Syyu (without the y option you aren’t refreshing your local databases with the remote databases, and thus no updates)

• Agree. Every week I update with sudo pacman -Syu. Never had a problem.

• @Uzi said

I update with sudo pacman -Syu. Never had a problem.

NOT sudo pacman -Syu but sudo pacman -Syyu. As mentioned, the double y parameter refreshes the local databases.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch As I said, that is what I have always used & never had a problem. The only time I used the extra ‘Y’ was immediately after fresh install. I haven’t seen Arch recommend using the extra command & what the wiki says is:

“This command (pacman -Syu) can synchronize the repository databases and update the system’s packages (excluding “local” packages that are not in the configured repositories):”

If the extra ‘Y’ is just to solve the OP’s issue then ok but if this is a general update recommendation please explain why.

Cheers

• Thanks folks, sudo pacman -Syyu worked.

• @Uzi , the sudo pacman -Syyu command (as suggested by @lots-0-logs ) was clearly reffered to the OP issue. Not as a genaral update practice. Let s not confuse the user with how we update our system…👍

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

pacman109 updates54 couple6 weeks1 Posts 7Views 1527
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.