I bought a new notebook 3 weeks ago and I definitely wanted to use Linux on it, so I decided to try out some distro and see which works the best. I’m not the most experienced user and my goal was to find a distro with these criterions:
- working sound out of the box
- working wireless out of the box or with a little workaround (I have BCM43142 which is a pain in the **s right now)
- playing CS:GO with a good performance (I need to kill some guys if I’m nervous).
There is my experience with distros so far:
- Lubuntu (sound , wireless (with a little workaround), CS:GO unplayable)
- openSUSE Tumbleweed (sound , wireless , CS:GO very good performance)
- Manjaro (sound , wireless , CS:GO unplayable)
- PCLinuxOS (sound , wireless , CS:GO i didn’t make to that point to play it)
- BunsenLabs (sound , wireless , CS:GO )
- SparkyLinux (sound , wireless , CS:GO )
- Slackware (i couldn’t even set up a wired connection! :()
After these tries I tried Antergos finally. Sound was working out of the box, I made the wireless working with 2 clicks and CS:GO is running like a dream. Arch is a very good base to build on and you guys built the best from it for us “newbies”.
I just wanted to thank you, for your time and effort to make this thing happen!