• help troubleshooting loss of usb on startup

Hello,
    System: MacBook Pro 12,1
    Single OS: Antergos
    Systemd-boot

I’m experiencing strange behaviour in my antergos only computer.
    It works flawlessly, and then suddenly when I boot, there is no USB devices loaded. At first I thought this was a problem with the lightdm, but I experience the same problem with other dms.

When this last happened, I thought maybe there was a hardware failure, but the computer worked fine when booting into OSX (I used to dual boot). Eventually, I decided to start over, assuming I’d mucked something up somehow. I wiped the system and installed Antergos alone (as that is all I really used anyway.)

In my current installation, I’m single booting Antergos, the computer has been working perfectly until suddenly it began to boot with no USB. (no keyboard, no mouse, cannot connect anything as only have USB ports, so have to reset everytime)

I’ve reset the SMC - with no effect.

Resetting PRAM (NVRAM) makes the computer bootable again. (Starts with full USB support.) However, as soon as I shut down and restart, I lose USB again.
    I have to reset PRAM every time I start, just so I can use the keyboard to log in.

So - as I understand this, the efi firmware is where the NVRAM variables are stored. This is what points the kernel to the correct firmware, boot image…etc. Is this correct?

If so, what is happening when I shut down that corrupts/changes the NVRAM? Why would this suddenly start happening? Looking at my pacman log - there have been no updates since this started, so I’m stumped as to how to solve this.

Any suggestions,

I will attach demsg output from successful startup, but I’ve no way to login those times I lose USB.
    he only clue I have when USB fails, is there is a message “USB 2-3: device not accepting address 2 Error -62” on screen when I hold the power button down.[0_1477692556049_dmesg.txt](Uploading 100%)

• Last three boot journal logs:

[0_1477692974321_journal](Uploading 100%)
    [0_1477692986857_journal.last](Uploading 100%)
    [0_1477692993799_journal.2last](Uploading 100%)

startup14 usb65 loss1 Posts 2Views 311