• TESTERS NEEDED: lightdm-webkit2-greeter 2.2 Beta

The upcoming 2.2 release of our lightdm greeter includes a lot of under-the-hood changes aimed at improving stability and security. There are many bug fixes for the default themes included as well. Because of the amount of changes to the underlying code, I’d like to have some testers check it out before releasing it to everyone. Anyone who has time to test it can do so by installing the lightdm-webkit2-greeter-next package from our staging repo.

While I don’t expect there will be any major issues, I still would only recommend testing the greeter if you are comfortable on the command line (in the unlikely event that something goes wrong)

Thanks!! :smiley:

• Installed!

It works fine, without issues. I’ve changed background, input selector,…

BTW
    I’ve notice I have 4 entries to select DE:

• GNOME
    • GONME
    • Classic GNOME
    • Xorg GNOME

I know this is not ligtdm-greeter related but I didnt notice this before (I had not checked this lately). I’ll search why I do have two GNOME choices (besides classic and xorg options)

• Hello,

with this beta I have the following issues :

–no avatar displayed (was working with 2.1.6).
    –translation issue : although my system locale is French, everything on the lightdm screen is in English (this bug was already mentionned for v2.1, but it’s still present).
    –finally I’m not sure this is a bug, but the background never changes upon reboot/logout, even if you select “random wallpaper” (well when you clik on “random wallpaper”, it indeed picks an image randomly, but then it will always be the same background if you don’t manually change it).

Best regards.

• @papa33 said in TESTERS NEEDED: lightdm-webkit2-greeter 2.2 Beta:

–finally I’m not sure this is a bug, but the background never changes upon reboot/logout, even if you select “random wallpaper” (well when you clik on “random wallpaper”, it indeed picks an image randomly, but then it will always be the same background if you don’t manually change it).

That bug exists in the current version too. It’s been like that for a few months now.

• @papa33 Could you try enabling debug mode in /etc/lightdm/lightdm-webkit2-greeter.conf, run the gretter a couple times, and then post the log here? You can find the log at /var/log/lightdm/seat0-greeter.log

Thanks!

• this is mine pastebin :

http://pastebin.com/6N3dMsE4

i swithc to debug mode to false it log in reboot with false again black and now with true debug black

got nouveau driver with nvidia card GeForce 8600 GT kinda oldish but , webkitgreeter dont works for me lol i always go to gtk-greeter… :)

• Here is the log :

cat /var/log/lightdm/seat0-greeter.log
    libva info: VA-API version 0.39.3
    libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
    libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/nvidia_drv_video.so
    libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_35
    libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/index.html:62:14: CONSOLE LOG Initializing theme heartbeat.
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/index.html:77:15: CONSOLE LOG Sending heartbeat...
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG cache_get() called with key: ant:background_manager:current_background
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG cache_get() key: ant:background_manager:current_background value is: url(file:///usr/share/antergos/wallpapers/white_line_by_snipes2.jpg)
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG cache_get() called with key: ant:clock:time_format
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG cache_get() called with key: ant:user:nous:session
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG cache_get() key: ant:user:nous:session value is: cinnamon
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG Last session for nous was: cinnamon
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG Adding Cinnamon to the session list...
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG Adding Cinnamon (Software Rendering) to the session list...
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG Adding Connexion distante sécurisée to the session list...
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG cache_get() called with key: ant:user:nous:session
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG cache_get() key: ant:user:nous:session value is: cinnamon
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG Starting authentication for nous.
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG Session for nous is cinnamon
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/index.html:77:15: CONSOLE LOG Sending heartbeat...
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG Authentication cancelled for nous
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG Starting authentication for nous.
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG Session for nous is cinnamon
    file:///usr/share/lightdm-webkit/themes//antergos/js/greeter.js:114:15: CONSOLE LOG cache_set() called with key: ant:user:nous:session and value: cinnamon

• @papa33 @ringo32 @Swipe @XoseM @Wyn @karasu @MichaelTunnell @anarch (or anyone else who reads this post) If you have time to test the latest version of the lightdm-webkit2-greeter-next package and let me know how it goes, that would be awesome! Make sure your system is fully updated. Also if you have time to also test any 3rd-party themes in addition to the default theme that would be even MORE awesome! :wink:

• my personal reference is sddm now :) , webkit greeter never worked proper, in times it works and then not, it wont help you :) but i removed currently lightdm…

• @lots.0.logs said in TESTERS NEEDED: lightdm-webkit2-greeter 2.2 Beta:

@papa33 @ringo32 @Swipe @XoseM @Wyn @karasu @MichaelTunnell @anarch (or anyone else who reads this post) If you have time to test the latest version of the lightdm-webkit2-greeter-next package and let me know how it goes, that would be awesome! Make sure your system is fully updated. Also if you have time to also test any 3rd-party themes in addition to the default theme that would be even MORE awesome! :wink:

Beautiful DM! But unfortunately all the problems I mentionned above persist. Incorrect locale, no avatar, wallpaper not “really” random…

• @papa33 That is really strange. I cannot reproduce the issue locally and there doesn’t seem to be any clues in your logs :confused:

• @lots.0.logs Last version does not start, giving an error (complaining about not being able to load default theme).

• @papa33 Sorry about that. I pushed another update that should resolve that issue.

• @lots.0.logs said in TESTERS NEEDED: lightdm-webkit2-greeter 2.2 Beta:

@papa33 Sorry about that. I pushed another update that should resolve that issue.

Thanks but no improvement here. Maybe I didn’t install the latest update you are talking about? What should be the number of this version?

• It brakes my system init. I got a warning message offering start sessión with default or failback option, but neither “default” theme nor “failback” can start my user session. Fallback offers a input box but nothing happens then; and “default” is a broken theme, not background, not input boxes, no buttons,etc.

Hope it’s useful info. Thanks for your work.

back to gdm

• @papa33 The latest version is 2.2rc4. Let me know if that’s the one you tried. It should be out to all the mirrors by now (I think).

If anyone still has trouble with the latest version please grab the log from /var/log/lightdm/seat-0-greeter.log and post a paste2 link here. Thanks!!

• @XoseM Are you sure that’s the latest version? The fix for that error should be in the latest version. Hmm…maybe it was cached when the package was built. I will rebuild it now, 2.2rc5 on the way…

• right now

sudo pacman -Syu
    [sudo] password for elodin: 
    :: Sincronizando as bases de datos de paquetes…
    O repositorio «core» xa está sincronizado.
    O repositorio «extra» xa está sincronizado.
    O repositorio «community» xa está sincronizado.
    O repositorio «multilib» xa está sincronizado.
    O repositorio «antergos-staging» xa está sincronizado.
    O repositorio «antergos» xa está sincronizado.
    :: Anovando completamente o sistema…
    Identificando as dependencias…
    Buscando conflitos entre paquetes…

Paquetes (3) archlinux-keyring-20161201-1  run-parts-4.8.1-1  zlib-1:1.2.8-7

Tamaño da descarga:       0,70 MiB
    Tamaño da instalación:   1,15 MiB
    Tamaño neto da anovación:  0,01 MiB

sudo pacman -Ss lightdm-webkit2-greeter-next 
    antergos/lightdm-webkit2-greeter-next 2.2rc3-1 (system) [instalado]
        A webkit2 greeter for LightDM

it is not rc5, so should I clean pacman cache? BTW, I’ll test later. Bye!

2.21 beta2 testers5 needed5 Posts 19Views 1995