• Impossible to start Wayland session after update to Gnome 3.22

When I start Gnome on Wayland session from GDM login manager I see only a black screen and the mouse pointer and my machine freezes. Any idea to solve this problem please?

• Have you installed “xorg-server-xwayland” package from pamac?

• @Makaveli said in Impossible to start Wayland session after update to Gnome 3.22:

Have you installed “xorg-server-xwayland” package from pamac?

Yes.

• Same here. Nothing has been changed, only thing that I disabled lightdm and enabled gdm just to be able to login. As soon as the greeter update released i reverted back to lightdm, but since then only xorg starts no matter what I choose on login.

• Any tip to solve this problem please?

• http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1773717

“It turns out that it is a deliberate change in the latest version of mutter. Wayland has been disabled for laptops with hybrid graphics cards. See:”

looks like you need to downgrade mutter.

• I have ati hd5870 that is hardly laptop or hybrid.

• Thanks, but my laptop has no hybrid graphics cards.

• seems a few people having issues with it over at Manjaro also
    https://forum.manjaro.org/t/gnome-broken-with-black-screen-after-stable-update-2016-10-23-manjaro-16-10-final-release/11483

“Ste74 2016-10-25 19:55:20 UTC #6
    Gnome has removed the support for catalyst driver , the only solution is use the free driver and in some case use the Xorg session no other option here .
    Unfortunally the gnome 3.22 set default sesion on wayland . In my hand works fine , only occsionally lag . At the moment use Xorg session and lightdm”

hope this helps

• My laptop’s video adapter is intel hd 4000.
    My desktop has radeon hd 4350 running with open source driver, Wayland works fine on my desktop.

• I am using mesa12.0.3 ( Gallium 0.4 on AMD CYPRESS (DRM 2.46.0 / 4.8.4-1-ARCH, LLVM 3.8.1) )
    :)
    quote from wikipedia:
    Mutter is a window manager initially designed and implemented for the X Window System, and recently has evolved to be a Wayland compositor. It became the default window manager in GNOME 3, replacing Metacity[5] which used GTK+ for rendering. Mutter uses a graphics library called Clutter giving it OpenGL capability. The name is a portmanteau of Metacity and Clutter.

i am confused

• Latest Gnome updates solved this issue on my laptop.

gnome322 wayland48 session21 impossible13 Posts 12Views 2609
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.