• Windows removed from Window List when dragged to 2nd screen

I updated Mate recently (mate-about reports 1.16.0), and an issue I just noticed is that if I drag a window from my primary screen, onto my second screen, they dissappear from the WIndow List.

And I mean screen, not workspace.

I can get a window with its mid-point near my screen split. Drag left a few pixels and it appears in the Window LIst. Drag right a few pixels and it disappears from the Window List.

My 2nd screen is in portrait mode, if that is any issue.

Annoying, but not fatal.

All Windows appear as normal in ‘Alt-Tab’ selection.

Is there somewhere more direct I could report this?

[Was peterg4000 but got sick of that lame user name. And no, the photo is not actually me]

• I don’t know if this is related to your issue, but in Cinnamon the windows of the first screen are displayed in the window list placed on first screen, and the windows on the second screen are displayed on the window list of the second screen.

• @liketechnik2000 - Thanks for the thought, but in Mate, it seems you can only put a ‘Panel’ on the primary screen anyway, so can’t be that.

[Was peterg4000 but got sick of that lame user name. And no, the photo is not actually me]

• Hi,

You can report it upstream: https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-panel

But do a search first in case somebody else has already reported it (which would be my guess, as it is an easy to find bug).

Cheers!

mate52 Posts 4Views 501