• \[Solved\]Network manager

Hey hello,

After an upgrade today, my internet connection is gone. It tells me that the network is not compatiable with this version. I know there was a update today from network manager. I already looked in var/cache/pacman/pkg if the old package was there. Can’t find it. I can see also update ppp. How can I make it working again?

Thanks for you time.

Cheers

• Hey hello,

After an upgrade today, my internet connection is gone. It tells me that the network is not compatiable with this version. I know there was a update today from network manager. I already looked in var/cache/pacman/pkg if the old package was there. Can’t find it. I can see also update ppp. How can I make it working again?

Thanks for you time.

Cheers

• Hi I experienced the same problem. I had to downgrade NetworkManager and the kernel to get it working:

sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/networkmanager-0.9.8.8-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz  
    sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/linux-3.13.4-1-x86\_64.pkg.tar.xz  
    sudo systemctl reboot

Let me know if that works for you!

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• Thanks lotologs. The old packages are not in var/cache is see.
    Can’t remember that I deleted those packages.
    Install again I’m afraid.

• Hi,

There is also a package in the AUR called downgrade. It’s a simple Bash script that will look in your cache for older versions of packages. [b:2lzj52f8]It will also search the Arch Rollback Machine if there is no package in your cache[/b:2lzj52f8]. You can then select a package to install. It basically just automates the process. Check downgrade --help for usage information.

Full info: [url:2lzj52f8]https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Downgrading_Packages[/url:2lzj52f8]

Cheers!

• Oh, is that how that works with the Arch Rollback Machine, Gustau.

Thanks!

In God's love,
    †MaNNa <{{{\>< …to You all thanks and glory Lord Yeshua!

And Jesus prayed to The Father, "And this is the way to ete…

• @“karasu”:1w1cp8x5 said:

Hi,

There is also a package in the AUR called downgrade. It’s a simple Bash script that will look in your cache for older versions of packages. [b:1w1cp8x5]It will also search the Arch Rollback Machine if there is no package in your cache[/b:1w1cp8x5]. You can then select a package to install. It basically just automates the process. Check downgrade --help for usage information.

Full info: [url:1w1cp8x5]https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Downgrading_Packages[/url:1w1cp8x5]

Cheers![/quote:1w1cp8x5]

Thanks for the tip…
    Unfortunately I don’t have connection to internet so I’m not able to get that from AUR.

Cheers

• I can email you the package files if you like. Let me know.

Cheers!

• So would you happen to know off-hand or expect if there will be a patch for this current NM ‘upgrade’?
    I haven’t yet installed the upgrade after reading this thread and will most likely hold off on it until some patch (hopefully) comes along for it.

I guess the other option is to also enable Time Relativity in [i:1h2nwtwi]pacman.conf[/i:1h2nwtwi] without having to purposefully delay upgrading via [i:1h2nwtwi]sudo pacman -Syu[/i:1h2nwtwi] via Terminal. And use that method to wait until a (hoped-for) a NM patch might show up.

By the way, I assume that your talking about the upgrade [i:1h2nwtwi]networkmanager-0.9.8.8-3[/i:1h2nwtwi]. Would this be the one your talking about?

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• Yes, I recommend holding off on all updates. It was not only NetworkManager that I had issues with. It was the new 3.13 branch of the kernel as well. I have since downgraded back to the last version on the 3.12 branch. These things do tend to get worked out quickly. The Arch devs are always quick to act. I’ll update this post once I’m sure its okay to do the updates. Cheers!

• I made the upgrades yesterday and everything looks good for me.

• Thanks everybody…

I made a new install today.
    I see that the new packages are also working.
    Next time i have to watch better on my var/cache/pacman/pkg…

Cheers

• I’m still seeing the same network manager in Terminal lots.0.logs.

[code:3a5h7yp5]networkmanager-0.9.8.8-3[/code:3a5h7yp5]

The version number would be different would it not if they are making a patch for this current one that supposedly causes concerns/problems for some systems? Normally it would be. However, just asking. Still holding of on upgrade until patch for this one comes out.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

• The very last digit is used to identify a packaging change made by Arch packager that is not upstream. So if it has been patched the last digit will not be the same. Check it and let me know. I havent had the time to give this the attention it needs due to my work schedule so I havent done any updates this week

• Well, I don’t know what happened but I decided to go ahead with the install of the newest upgrade of NM of the aforementioned version. Connectivity seems fine. Maybe it’s just the card that I’m using.

I’m sorry that you’ve had challenges or maybe still are with the current version but I guess that same version doesn’t cause concern for me, at least.

Hope a patch still comes along for the rest of you who’ve still kind of struggling with the connectivity issue of the current version. The update, after delaying it for some time, was only about 100 or so MB.

• No worries, the current version has fixed the issue

Posts 16Views 2479