• What does antergos different?

I have a nvidia gtx 970 and at other linux systems I had screen tearing, also at arch linux.

The only fix I found was this:

nvidia-settings --assign CurrentMetaMode="$(xrandr | sed -nr '/(\S+) connected (primary )?[0-9]+x[0-9]+(\+\S+).*/{ s//\1: nvidia-auto-select \3 { ForceFullCompositionPipeline = On }, /; H }; ${ g; s/\n//g; s/, $//; p }')"

at antergos there is no screen tearing, its the only system where I dont have the problem. I just mark “prop. drivers” at installation, and the problems are gone. I checked the xconfig.conf and other configs… What makes antergos different?

I have the tearing problems most with gnome… with unity and mate i just have some lags, but not so hardcore tearing.

• Just stay with Antergos and you will be fine.

What Antergos does different? In my oppinion helping and answering questions instead of “check the wiki” from Arch 😲

• @dirkme said in What does antergos different?:

What Antergos does different? In my oppinion helping and answering questions instead of “check the wiki” from Arch 😲

Hahaha. Let’s be fair, “check the wiki” it’s a good advice. But I see your point here, I have tasted it my self 😛

Keep Your Mind in a Constant State of Openness

Posts 3Views 720
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.