• Stuck at "Configuring your new system"

Using 23rd of February 32bit test build on a laptop.

The installation went smoothly but now it’s stuck here. The system is responsive - meaning i can move the mouse and do whatever - but the installer is just sitting there.

EDIT: Tried installing again, still freezes.

I also wanted to point out that the 16th of February 64bit test build installs fine. I would have kept it but the laptop doesn’t have enough RAM so i’m switching to a 32bit system.

• Using 23rd of February 32bit test build on a laptop.

The installation went smoothly but now it’s stuck here. The system is responsive - meaning i can move the mouse and do whatever - but the installer is just sitting there.

EDIT: Tried installing again, still freezes.

I also wanted to point out that the 16th of February 64bit test build installs fine. I would have kept it but the laptop doesn’t have enough RAM so i’m switching to a 32bit system.

• Hi Vidar,

A lots of changes have been made to Cnchi (our installer) in just one week, so it’s not strange that you’re experiencing this issue. Remember that it is a testing release

We need more information to be able to help you.

Please, run cnchi with debug info:

sudo -E /usr/share/cnchi -dv

and post the /tmp/cnchi.log here.

Also, a screenshot of the freezing screen wouldn’t hurt

Thanks!

EDIT: Yes, I meant /usr/bin/cnchi -dv

• Thia almost sounds like the same situation Gustau, that I was having in setting the VBx VM at around 800MB of memory. Once I changed it to 1100MB/1.1GB I had no problems.

Maybe this will give a clue as to this problem, Gustau, as you wait for his log. Especially since he mentioned his laptop RAM is limited.

Oops, spoke too soon. Just tested another reinstall, and now get the same lockup as OP.
    Error below:
    [list:2f70svpo]INFO: Configuring your new system
    2014-02-24 18:56:52,105 - process.py:run() - ERROR: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/install/etc/sudoers.d/10-installer’. Unable to continue.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “/usr/share/cnchi/src/installation/process.py”, line 342, in run
    self.configure_system()
    File “/usr/share/cnchi/src/installation/process.py”, line 1676, in configure_system
    with open(sudoers_path, “w”) as sudoers:
    FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/install/etc/sudoers.d/10-installer’
    2014-02-24 18:56:53,195 - show_message.py:error() - ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/install/etc/sudoers.d/10-installer’[/list:u:2f70svpo]

In God's love,
    †MaNNa <{{{\>< …to You all thanks and glory Lord Yeshua!

And Jesus prayed to The Father, "And this is the way to ete…

• @“MaNNa”:fq9nq5lw said:

Especially since he mentioned his laptop RAM is limited.
    Well I’m limited to 2GB of RAM which is good enough for a 32bit system. I just wanted to try the 64bit version first to see how the PC handled it self.

@“karasu”:fq9nq5lw said:

Also, a screenshot of the freezing screen wouldn’t hurt
    I didn’t post a screenshot because I thought it’d be obvious what I mentioned - it’s right after the installation reaches 100% and the bars disappear, it says “Configuring your new system” and it froze there but…

@“karasu”:fq9nq5lw said:

Please, run cnchi with debug info:

sudo -E /usr/share/cnchi -dv

and post the /tmp/cnchi.log here.[/quote:fq9nq5lw]

I tried running this but it gave me an error saying it doesn’t exist. I thought that perhaps you meant bin instead of share so I ran

sudo -E /usr/bin/cnchi -dv

and now the installation worked

[Here’s the log[/url:fq9nq5lw] if you still want it.

Could it be because of a grub bug? The one that I posted here[/url:fq9nq5lw] - I see that antergos now creates a menu that stores fallback linux.]0

• same for me- install stalled. Reboot and ran sudo -E /usr/bin/cnchi -dv
    here is output
    2014-02-24 20:51:48,983 - process.py:chroot() - DEBUG: Operation failed: No such file or directory

2014-02-24 20:51:48,984 - process.py:enable_services() - DEBUG: Enabled lightdm service.
    2014-02-24 20:51:49,024 - process.py:chroot() - DEBUG: ln -s ‘/usr/lib/systemd/system/ModemManager.service’ '/etc/systemd/system/dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service’
    ln -s ‘/usr/lib/systemd/system/ModemManager.service’ ‘/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/ModemManager.service’

2014-02-24 20:51:49,025 - process.py:enable_services() - DEBUG: Enabled ModemManager service.
    2014-02-24 20:51:49,079 - process.py:chroot() - DEBUG: ln -s ‘/usr/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service’ '/etc/systemd/system/dbus-org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.service’
    ln -s ‘/usr/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service’ '/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/NetworkManager.service’
    ln -s ‘/usr/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager-dispatcher.service’ ‘/etc/systemd/system/dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service’

2014-02-24 20:51:49,080 - process.py:enable_services() - DEBUG: Enabled NetworkManager service.
    2014-02-24 20:51:49,123 - process.py:chroot() - DEBUG: ln -s ‘/usr/lib/systemd/system/ntpd.service’ ‘/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/ntpd.service’

2014-02-24 20:51:49,123 - process.py:enable_services() - DEBUG: Enabled ntpd service.
    2014-02-24 20:51:49,170 - process.py:configure_system() - DEBUG: Timezone set.
    2014-02-24 20:51:49,172 - process.py:run() - ERROR: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/install/etc/sudoers.d/10-installer’. Unable to continue.
    File “/usr/share/cnchi/src/installation/process.py”, line 342, in run
    self.configure_system()
    File “/usr/share/cnchi/src/installation/process.py”, line 1676, in configure_system
    with open(sudoers_path, “w”) as sudoers:
    FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/install/etc/sudoers.d/10-installer’
    2014-02-24 20:51:49,640 - show_message.py:error() - ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/install/etc/sudoers.d/10-installer’
    File “/usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/gi/overrides/GLib.py”, line 633, in <lambda>
    return (lambda data: callback(*data), user_data)
    File “/usr/share/cnchi/src/slides.py”, line 201, in manage_events_from_cb_queue
    show.fatal_error(event[1])
    File “/usr/share/cnchi/src/show_message.py”, line 42, in fatal_error
    error(message)
    File “/usr/share/cnchi/src/show_message.py”, line 52, in error
    msg_dialog.format_secondary_text(message)
    File “/usr/lib/python3.3/site-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py”, line 544, in format_secondary_text
    self.set_property(‘secondary-text’, message_format)
    TypeError: Must be string, not FileNotFoundError

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

• Hi all,

Thanks for your tests and reporting here, this is very useful to us!

@vidar:

Yes, I ment /usr/bin/cnchi sorry for the confusion.
    Thanks for your log (I know it’s the successful installation). Nevertheless I can see:

• pacman couldn’t update core database (some problem with mirror.us.leaseweb.net). Do a pacman -Syu asap
    • Check that libdbus, pysmbc and e2fsprogs packages are installed.
    • As the “live” kernel is a different version than the one you installed (an updated one) Cnchi couldn’t establish the uncomplicated firewall rules. This is an error we know and will try to address.

@MaNNa and @maxpro4u:

I’ll check this error, but I’m afraid that there is some problem installing packages and not configuring sudo. Could you post the full log to pastebin as vidar did? THANKS!!!

• Just did an install using the updated installer-everthing went smoothly and I am using it now!

[img:1pt1tebw]http://i59.tinypic.com/33e3r08.png[/img:1pt1tebw]
    [b:1pt1tebw]Don't forget to mark your thread as [SOLVED] [/b:1pt1tebw]

Posts 8Views 2125