• Nautilus Icon disappeared?

standard icon only

For nautilus i got only the standard icon, also if i change the icon theme, and too for other users and new created users…

And i have no idea what is wrong…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    http://kamprad.net/howto-installing-antergos/
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/1883/how-to-include-system-logs-when-asking-for-help

• @joekamprad I’m having the same problem, ever since the update to gnome 3.22. It seems the only icons that are working are moka, paper, and flat remix, but all other icon themes that I had installed are affected by this. Hopefully someone will have a fix soon.

• @miker107 said

Hopefully someone will have a fix soon.

Who else than Numix themselves? It s not an Antergos issue. I guess it will soon be sorted out.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch said in Nautilus Icon disappeared?:

@miker107 said

Who else than Numix themselves? It s not an Antergos issue. I guess it will soon be sorted out.

This is affecting Ardis, Faenza, Loli-Papelk, Oranchelo, Platero-Numix, Sardi Ghost, Sardi Slate, Sierra, and Uniform icon themes on my system.

I just noticed that the shadow icons do work, but the rest of my themes above including numix do not.

• No worries. They will soon be fixed now that 3.22 is out.

Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500

• @anarch Yea, just patience I guess. All was working fine under 3.20. I also notice that my nautilus-admin plugin stopped working as well. I had to uninstall it. I’ll just start using my terminal to open nautilus as admin. I sure did like the right click option though.

• @miker107 said

All was working fine under 3.20

Well, it was NOT when 3.20 replaced 3.18. Or 3.18 by 3.16 and so on going back. It s Gnome s mysterious ways. No backward GTK3 compatibility with every new release…

• @anarch said in Nautilus Icon disappeared?:

@miker107 said

Well, it was NOT when 3.20 replaced 3.18. Or 3.18 by 3.16 and so on going back. It s Gnome s mysterious ways. No backward GTK3 compatibility with every new release…

Gotcha, that’s understandable. I’m new to linux in general, and only been using gnome specifically for a couple of months now, so this is still all very new to me.

• @joekamprad
    hi nautilus is the file/folder manager for gnome right? i believe is the first icon at the top, the drawer.
    Or you mean the original icon changed?
    cheers.

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @fernandomaroto said in Nautilus Icon disappeared?:

@joekamprad
    hi nautilus is the file/folder manager for gnome right? i believe is the first icon at the top, the drawer.
    Or you mean the original icon changed?
    cheers.

That is correct…It is the file manager icon. It will not change when we change icon themes, well most of them anyway. I have a few that work, but most do not.

• ok, understood, i’m not a gnome user, but i’ll check it here to see if i have the same problem (i have gnome installed here)

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• This is because they have changed the icon name for Nautilus in Gnome 3.22.
    Incidentally they have also changed the icon name for Totem, so you’ll find that the Videos icon has reverted to the default as well. (No idea why they’ve done this?)
    [https://github.com/OrancheloTeam/oranchelo-icon-theme/issues/12]

It’s reasonably easy to fix yourself by going into the icon theme folder and locating the icon you want, making a copy of it, and renaming the copy org.gnome.Nautilus.svg for Files, and org.gnome.Totem.svg for Videos.
    Then refresh the icon theme.

The Numix Square icons are in usr>share>icons>Numix-Square>scalable>apps
    You’d have to open Nautilus as root to do this, but obviously if the theme you are using is in your own .icons folder, you wouldn’t have to.

It certainly works for me, and I don’t see why it should mess anything up, even after the icon theme developers update their theme?

[link text](link url)

• I can’t work out how to edit a post on here, but obviously it should be
    org.gnome.Totem.svg for the Videos icon. :blush:

• @emptybox Thanks for this information. I was thinking about trying to change the icon names earlier, but I didn’t know what to change the name to, so this was a big help. I already changed it in the numix square folder and it does work, now on to the rest of my icon themes. Fun stuff. .lol

• @emptybox :8ball: edit a post

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    http://kamprad.net/howto-installing-antergos/
    https://forum.antergos.com/topic/1883/how-to-include-system-logs-when-asking-for-help

• @joekamprad said in Nautilus Icon disappeared?:

@emptybox :8ball: edit a post

Ah thanks. :) I don’t know how I missed that.

nautilus17 disappeared4 icon23 Posts 16Views 1048