• How to remove gnome keyring completely?

I removed gnome keyring using sudo pacman -Rs gnome-keyring but it still pops up occasionally asking me for a password. I don’t mind that but I’m having issues with Chromium and the last time I solved it was by removing this somehow. Every time I restart it and go to facebook I need to re-send the verification code to my phone. Same goes for Youtube.

Chrome version: Version 53.0.2785.143 (64-bit)
    Gnome: v3.22.1

Trying to remove libgnome-keyring gives this:

[[email protected] milan]# pacman -Rs libgnome-keyring
    checking dependencies...
    error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
    :: apm: removing libgnome-keyring breaks dependency 'libgnome-keyring'
    :: libgnomeui: removing libgnome-keyring breaks dependency 'libgnome-keyring'
    :: telepathy-mission-control: removing libgnome-keyring breaks dependency 'libgnome-keyring'

• If the real problem is Chromium asking for password every time the browser starts up, then it is usually workarounded by installing seahorse and entering a <void> login password, not by uninstalling gnome-keyring with its dependencies.

I’m not a Facebook user, and used YouTube only twice in my life, so can’t help with these services.

• @just The facebook and youtube problem is probably not with those services but with Chromium itself.

Installed seahorse, opened ‘passwords and keys’ and created a new password keyring, named it void and gave it a password ‘<void>’. Is that it?

• @TheKardinals said in How to remove gnome keyring completely?:

…Is that it?

No, it is not.

1. Start seahorse (Password and Keys), right-click Login option in the left pane, select Change Password from popup menu:

0_1477541375147_seahorse-01-start.png
      fig-01

2. Enter you current password for login keyring:

0_1477541416619_seahorse-02-loginpsw.png
      fig-02

3. It is possible to enter a new password now:

0_1477541475023_seahorse-03-emptypsw.png
      fig-03

Leave it blank. Void. Empty. Do not type in anything. You’re about to create a <void> password. A dirty and risky workaround, but it eliminates Chromium’s password request forever.

4. Finally, confirm that you want to store your <empty> password unencrypted:

0_1477541569912_seahorse-04-confirm.png
      fig-04

5. Done.

On startup, Chromium will never ask for password anymore.

• @just ok thanks. This should work then.

EDIT: unfortunately this hasn’t worked for me. This did:

1. Open your Home Folder(Places>>Home Folder )
    2. Press Ctrl+H to view hidden files.
    3. Open .gnome2 folder and then keyrings folder and delete login.keyring file. (i deleted the entire keyrings folder)
    4. Reboot the system.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/17353/remove-keyring-popup-on-startup

• have had the annoying keyring problem whenever Chrome started (running Gnome)
    this has worked for me so far, i.e. nothing appears to be broken yet:

sudo mv /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon-old
    sudo killall gnome-keyring-daemon

• @egmus solved mine with the solution above. Thanks for adding the comment still. :)

completely1 gnome242 keyring6 remove18 Posts 7Views 2281