• Like 0

Screenshot Configuration

I was getting sick of my pictures directory filling with screenshots and wanted to send them to a subdirectory. I did some googleing and tried configuring this through dconf-editor but it had no effect on where the image was saved when the printscreen key was used. It did however change where they were saved if the GNOME screenshot utility was run from the command line. Because of this I came to the conclusion that the printscreen keybinding must not be calling gnome-screenshot.

My question is what program does Antegos use by default for screenshots, and how can I configure it? I would like to keep it the same rather than overriding the binding with gnome-screenshot.

• Like 0

@volens said

what program does Antegos use by default for screenshots, and how can I configure it?

That depends on the desktop environment you chose Antergos to install with. So, the native application of the installed DE is used.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.04 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Like 1

I installed GNOME, so I assumed gnome-screenshot was used. Based on some more reading, when the default screenshot hotkeys are used gnome-shell handles it rather than just running gnome-screenshot. This ignores the dconf settings for gnome-screenshot.

The only option is to disable all of the default screenshot bindings and create custom ones.

• Like 0

@volens , right you are

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.04 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

screenshot9 Posts 4Views 200