• Login Issue with LightDM Webkit Greeter Not Accepting User Input

The issue is caused by the package webkit2gtk and is due to the recent update from the GNOME 3.22 stack release.

Due to webkit2gtk being upgraded from 2.12.5 to 2.14.x this has caused an issue with LightDM’s webkit greeter. If you were to downgrade your package back to 2.12.5 then that will temporarily solve the issue until the LightDM team or the GNOME team can create a permanent solution for this.

I suggest downloading and installing webkit2gtk 2.12.5 and just waiting until the solutions is released before upgrading that package.

Steps to Fix:

1. The following video demonstrates a messy workaround to login that will allow you to complete the rest of the steps.
    1. Download previous version, if you dont have it in your pacman cache.
    1. Install the package via pacman. The following command assumes that you downloaded the package to your /home folder. If you place it somewhere else such as Downloads then add “~/Downloads/” before the filename.
    • sudo pacman -U webkit2gtk-2.12.5-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
    1. Add webkit3gtk to your IgnorePkg list . . . this is just until a fix is made.
    • sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf (or use whatever editor you want)
    • add webkit2gtk to the list after = sign.
  • responses from users in IRC while testing this solution:

[12:24:28] <krysztal> Ok, downgrade works, thanks :D
    [12:58:13] <ixnari> The fix you linked worked, by the way. Thank you!
    [12:59:58] <blazingfly> fantastic
    [13:30:21] <suppi> got in. thanks

• @MichaelTunnell Sorry I am not sure I understand this correctly. Since i installed 113 updates 30 minutes ago, I cannot login to Antergos anymore. Instead of the black hand on the username there is just an arrow. When I click on my username, nothing happens, I cannot type the pw. Is this the issue here or do I misunderstand?

• @longliveantergos said in Login Issue with LightDM Webkit Greeter Not Accepting User Input:

@MichaelTunnell Sorry I am not sure I understand this correctly. Since i installed 113 updates 30 minutes ago, I cannot login to Antergos anymore. Instead of the black hand on the username there is just an arrow. When I click on my username, nothing happens, I cannot type the pw. Is this the issue here or do I misunderstand?

Your issue sounds slightly different but yes, I do think it is the same cause and this should fix it for you.

• So how can you do that if one cannot even get into the OS

• @Hazz-Davis said in Login Issue with LightDM Webkit Greeter Not Accepting User Input:

So how can you do that if one cannot even get into the OS

Perform this drag and drop fix once as displayed in this video. https://youtu.be/TOCr9IQm6H0?t=12s

There are other ways but this is probably the easiest way to workaround it initially.

• @MichaelTunnell Thanks mate that worked

• @Hazz-Davis said in Login Issue with LightDM Webkit Greeter Not Accepting User Input:

@MichaelTunnell Thanks mate that worked

you’re welcome, glad I could help.

• @MichaelTunnell Thx very much indeed - nice workaround!

• Issue fixed.

Just update the system and reboot

sudo pacman -Syu

• This post is deleted!
  • I can report the latest update fixed the issue for me as well.

• @ladylovelace Sorry - sudo pacman -Syu did not fix the pb for me… Don’t know why.

• Last update didn’t change anything for me too
    Edit : Ok I found the problem, actually I don’t have the last version even if I do :
    pacman -Syu
    antergos/lightdm-webkit2-greeter 2.1.4-4 (system) [installed]
    Maybe we need to wait a little bit more before everyone get the last update

• Thanks. The workaround in the video worked for me. After an update I was able to login regularly again.

• @longliveantergos The update is not available for everyone yet. =/

Check @melkir comment

• @ladylovelace Sorry, not that I am in a hurry. Was just asking. I can login with the workaround meanwhile.

• Hey guys,
    Here’s a solution, install the last version from AUR instead of Antergos repository.

yaourt lightdm-webkit2-greeter

0_1476484307874_Screenshot from 2016-10-15 00-30-52.png

• @melkir Thx so much, works fine for me.

gnome322 lightdm127 login117 login manager10 Posts 28Views 9734
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.