• How to determine which open source graphics driver to install?

I’m having trouble determining which open source driver to use: the ATI/Radeon or AMDGPU?

sudo lshw -c video
    *-display
    description: VGA compatible controller
    product: Carrizo
    vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI]
    physical id: 1
    bus info: [email protected]:00:01.0
    version: c5
    width: 64 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: pm pciexpress msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
    configuration: driver=amdgpu latency=0
    resources: irq:47 memory:e0000000-efffffff memory:f0000000-f07fffff ioport:f000(size=256) memory:ff700000-ff73ffff memory:c0000-dffff

Using the docs I think I should install xf86-video-ati but the output above lists amdgpu. So, I’m unsure if I should use xf86-video-amdgpu or xf86-video-ati.
    Any pointers would be appreciated.

• @Orlet
    Well, I’m new to Arch based Linux is all I can say. I did a installed package search and xf86-video-ati is installed so I’ll mark this as solved.

• https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg#Driver_installation

Next time if you have the same thing, just check the table on page “1.1 Driver installation”. Maybe there are some differencies in antergos packages, but i don’t know exactly. By the way, Arch wiki is always a good place to start. :blush:

• @plas Thanks for the tip. Yes, in the excitement of installing Antergos I momentarily forgot my google foo skills. I used the Arch wiki to determine which drivers where already installed and what I need. I’m an everyday user so the ATI/AMDGPU open drivers do all I need.

determine1 graphics13 driver36 Posts 4Views 598