• Live Mode

Hello
    Consider me a rank noob as far as Linux is concerned. I haven’t installed Antergos as yet, but I have downloaded it and was trying to evaluate it thru a usb stick. It booted up fine, but, thereafter -

1. The resident document app does not allow me to navigate to NTFS partition to access any of my microsoft office document files.
    2. Identically the music player will not let me navigate to NTFS partition and play any of mp3 files.
    3. I used the resident explorer and navigated to my NTFS partition, tried opening ms word document, but, the document viewer shows all sorts of garbled text. The same applies to music player which shows me a page full of funny characters instead of playing mp3 files.
    4. I tried viewing some of the pdf files on NTFS partition, once again, the document viewer on Antergos live CD gives me rubbish data
    5. Tried using Chromium browser, this is where the live cd crashed and I had to manually reboot my computer.

Fortunately, Debian live CD or Mint live CD session works without a hassle. I wanted Arch Linux based distro as my first Linux OS.

My computer configuration:
    Intel i3 3.1GHz
    4GB RAM
    ASUS MBD P8H61 with Intel Graphic on board

Is there something I need to know about Antergos? I know these are tons of questions. Thank you for sparing time and effort to study my case.
    but2

• Hi,

I am not sure what caused the issues with accessing your NTFS partitions, I will look into it. You shouldnt have trouble accessing them after installation though. As far as viewing and editing Microsoft Office files goes, you will need to install either Libre Office (which actually can be chosen during your Antergos installation) or Kingsoft Office (available in the Unofficial Arch User Repository) Personally I would go with the later, though most people would tell you to go with the former. So the best thing to do IMO is try Libre Office first (since you can choose it during installation) and if you find it not satisfactory you can then install Kingsoft and try it :wink:

• @lots.0.logs said in Live Mode:

Hi,

I am not sure what caused the issues with accessing your NTFS partitions, I will look into it. You shouldnt have trouble accessing them after installation though. As far as viewing and editing Microsoft Office files goes, you will need to install either Libre Office (which actually can be chosen during your Antergos installation) or Kingsoft Office (available in the Unofficial Arch User Repository) Personally I would go with the later, though most people would tell you to go with the former. So the best thing to do IMO is try Libre Office first (since you can choose it during installation) and if you find it not satisfactory you can then install Kingsoft and try it :wink:

Thank you for responding. Yes, I am familiar with Libre Office and this will be one of the ‘must have’ apps on installing Antergos. I will also be installing Ardour, Blender, Inkscape, Dia, besides host of other software’s.

I have one computer, and seriously, I need to address all nuts and bolts before I install Antergos on a dual boot computer. This also means I cannot allow anything to brick my existing Win10 Pro computer. So, am cautious in my approach.

Do please look into the Music Player and Chromomium Browser issues while you are at it. Thanks once again for your efforts
    Warm regards
    Virendra

live usb9 documents2 music player5 chromium15 Posts 3Views 386