Consider me a rank noob as far as Linux is concerned. I haven’t installed Antergos as yet, but I have downloaded it and was trying to evaluate it thru a usb stick. It booted up fine, but, thereafter -
- The resident document app does not allow me to navigate to NTFS partition to access any of my microsoft office document files.
- Identically the music player will not let me navigate to NTFS partition and play any of mp3 files.
- I used the resident explorer and navigated to my NTFS partition, tried opening ms word document, but, the document viewer shows all sorts of garbled text. The same applies to music player which shows me a page full of funny characters instead of playing mp3 files.
- I tried viewing some of the pdf files on NTFS partition, once again, the document viewer on Antergos live CD gives me rubbish data
- Tried using Chromium browser, this is where the live cd crashed and I had to manually reboot my computer.
Fortunately, Debian live CD or Mint live CD session works without a hassle. I wanted Arch Linux based distro as my first Linux OS.
My computer configuration:
Intel i3 3.1GHz
ASUS MBD P8H61 with Intel Graphic on board
Is there something I need to know about Antergos? I know these are tons of questions. Thank you for sparing time and effort to study my case.