Hey guys,

I’ve got a dual boot setup (Win10 and Antergos) on a UEFI system. After a windows 10 update it started booting straight to Windows without bringing up Grub (kind of like when you do the Win 10 upgrade). This time I couldn’t fix it. After some attempts on the Windows side (disable fast startup again, etc.) I would end up with a grub rescue mode at startup and I was able to bring up Antergos after setting the partitions right but it wouldn’t stick and I wasn’t able to change grub.cfg …

As of last night I wan’t able to get anything to work in grub rescue (kept on saying the filesystem is not recognized) and I had this stupid idea of just wiping my boot partition to start over. Now I realize that I deleted my windows bootloader as well. Anyway, getting Antergos to work is the priority for me right now.

Can anyone guide me through the steps for reinstalling everything on the boot partition? I thought I would just simply mount my root partition at /mnt and the boot partition at /mnt/boot, chroot, and just reinstall grub. It seems like I don’t know how to reinstall grub though…

EDIT: so this is what I’ve been doing. I’ve recreated the boot partition as an EFI system partition in gdisk and formatted it (FAT32).
I then mount my current installation and chroot to it:

mount /dev/sdb5 /mnt
arch-chroot /mnt /bin/bash

I then mount the boot partition:

mount /dev/sdb4 /boot/efi

Then I run:

grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=grub_antergos

and I get this message:
Installing for x86_64-efi platform.
grub-install: error: cannot open `/usr/lib/grub/x86_64-efi/kernel.img’: Structure needs cleaning.

I figured I may try reinstalling grub. During the installation process I get the following warnings. I’m not sure if they are relevant.

warning: warning given when extracting /usr/lib/grub/x86_64-efi/config.h (Could not unlink)
warning: warning given when extracting /usr/lib/grub/x86_64-efi/kernel.img (Could not unlink)