• ATI Proprietary drivers.

Hey,

Assuming I have a fresh install up with gnome 3, what’s the best way to installing the proprietary drivers without completely borking system?

The catalyst page on Arch Wiki is kind of a mess so I was wondering what has worked for people here.

After reading the arch wiki, the catalyst repo seems like the best way to go, but I’m probably wrong.

If it matters, I have an ATI 7970.

• Hey,

Assuming I have a fresh install up with gnome 3, what’s the best way to installing the proprietary drivers without completely borking system?

The catalyst page on Arch Wiki is kind of a mess so I was wondering what has worked for people here.

After reading the arch wiki, the catalyst repo seems like the best way to go, but I’m probably wrong.

If it matters, I have an ATI 7970.

• The catalyst drivers have not been nearly as stable as the opensource drivers for a while now.(Which is why the wiki page is suck a mess, the process keeps changing) I don’t recommend installing catalyst unless there is a specific feature you require that you are unable to get with the opensource drivers. That being said, if you choose to install them the catalyst repo is your best option.

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:1ouh0m39 said:

The catalyst drivers have not been nearly as stable as the opensource drivers for a while now.(Which is why the wiki page is suck a mess, the process keeps changing) I don’t recommend installing catalyst unless there is a specific feature you require that you are unable to get with the opensource drivers. That being said, if you choose to install them the catalyst repo is your best option.

Cheers![/quote:1ouh0m39]

You know what. The open source ATI drivers are as smooth as butter.

I think I’d rather not install the proprietary drivers after all.

Thanks for the help though!

Posts 4Views 880