• Dual boot on MacBook Pro (Mid 2009)

I haven’t used Linux in a long time, but have installed it a lot; that said, I’m trying to get the minimal install on drives I’ve already created in OS X. I can get the install stared from a disc I burned, but I can’t get past the partitioning; I don’t want to overwrite the whole disc, so I specify what I want - trying various ways to edit the partitions - deleting the drives and putting them back, etc. - , but nothing I specify makes the arrow to continue functional - I can only back up…
    I’m running both the large ISO and the minimal in VirtualBox - and they look great - they can’t find my Logitech camera and there’s no sound - I’m hoping those problems will be solved with an actual install (not banking on THAT, though), but I would like to get to the point where I have it on it’s own partition. I know Cinchi is in beta, so I’m not sure if it’s me or the installer that’s doing something wrong.
    Any help appreciated. Thanks!

• Hi,

When you’re in the partition screen, check that all needed mount points are established (Cnchi shows a green label for each mount point you have specified, red ones for those that still need to be established).

If you want, post here a screenshot so it will be easy to spot what’s wrong.

Cheers!

• @karasu

Hi karasu,

You were exactly right! After a bit of careful checking in the Mac Disk Utility, I was able to enter the correct information and the rest of the install was problem free. My camera and sound both work fine and much to my surprise, I can mount my Mac partitions; in my former experience (a few years ago) BSD and Linux couldn’t mount each other - if I recall correctly. Mac can’t mount the linux drives, now - just sees them as untitled and empty - not that that matters. Thank you for your help, I didn’t have a clue!
    I’ve run a number of distress, but this one is far and away the best yet!
    Thanks again!

• @karasu
    That’s distros NOT distress!!!

boot253 dual33 macbook24 pro14 Posts 4Views 1067
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.