• Error Upgrading "cuda-8.0.44-1-x86_64"

The title says it all. I get the following error when I try updating my system:

:: Retrieving packages...
     cuda-8.0.44-1-x86_64     981.9 MiB  6.00M/s 02:44 [######################] 100%
    (1/1) checking keys in keyring                     [######################] 100%
    (1/1) checking package integrity                   [######################] 100%
    (1/1) loading package files                        [######################] 100%
    (1/1) checking for file conflicts                  [######################] 100%
    error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
    cuda: /opt/cuda/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1 exists in filesystem
    Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Any assistance is appreciated.

• Hi,

Did you install a package that has that same file (possibly from AUR) ? Or did you install cuda manually from source?

Pacman is telling you that you already have /opt/cuda/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1 so it won’t replace it.

• @derklempner If you can’t find the root of the problem and solve it in a clean way, try to apply a workaround: delete or, better, rename the existing file, so pacman won’t see it anymore in filesystem, then run the upgrade normally:

sudo mv /opt/cuda/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1 /opt/cuda/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1-backup
    yaourt -Syua

• @karasu said in Error Upgrading "cuda-8.0.44-1-x86_64":

Did you install a package that has that same file (possibly from AUR) ? Or did you install cuda manually from source?

I believe it installed with ffmpeg-full-nvenc.

• @just said in Error Upgrading "cuda-8.0.44-1-x86_64":

@derklempner If you can’t find the root of the problem and solve it in a clean way, try to apply a workaround: delete or, better, rename the existing file, so pacman won’t see it anymore in filesystem, then run the upgrade normally:

sudo mv /opt/cuda/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1 /opt/cuda/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1-backup
    yaourt -Syua

That made OBS crash when trying to start it. It was complaining of a missing lib file, so I made a symlink for the missing file and still couldn’t get it to start. I asked a friend about the issue since he had something similar happen to him, so I’m just reinstalling ffmpeg-full-nvenc now.

upgrading4 error202 Posts 5Views 1241