• Touchpad not working in minimal install

Hi, i’m trying to install Antergos on a Lenovo G500, but upon booting up the minimal install iso from a usb stick, the touchpad won’t work. i can’t select my wireless network, and thus cannot install. any help would be appreciated.

• Hi Goblin,
    Try using Tab and Shift + Tab to navigate the Installer UI. After the installation is complete you can install the touchpad drivers.
    Hope this helps

• @ambareeshbalaji i would, but since i’m on wireless i have to select my network and put in a passcode.
    it seems really odd that a modern OS would have no touchpad support built in.

• Yeah, that kinda sucks. You could probably try using USB tethering with your Android mobile (if you have one).

• I’d guess that the synaptics driver is loaded by Xorg, so it should work ootb.

Could you try the “normal” live cd to see if it works there or not?

Thanks!

• @karasu just wanted to let you know that the normal iso did indeed work, but even with a completely different usb image tool, the minimal iso still wouldn’t enable the touchpad. maybe something needs looked at there, but for now everything is working fine. thanks.

• Very likely that the minimal iso strips down on the touchpad drivers to be as “minimal” as possible

touchpad50 minimal iso2 Posts 7Views 1785
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.