• Pacman-keyring

I upgraded from cinnarch to antergos on my GF’s PC by following the instructions on the News sections.

It’s working but I’ve got an error during boot time:

failed to start inizialites pacman keyring

So I ran:

systemctl status pacman-init.service

And I got:

pacman-init.service - Initializes Pacman keyring  
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/pacman-init.service; enabled)  
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since dom 2013-05-19 17:13:01 ART; 6min ago  
    Process: 225 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pacman-key --populate archlinux cinnarch (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)  
    Process: 193 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pacman-key --init (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)  

I know that cinnarch keyring no longer exists on the system, but how can I modify that line of code (pacman-key --populate archlinux cinnarch). Where is this config?

And that should be added to the migration tutorial.

• I upgraded from cinnarch to antergos on my GF’s PC by following the instructions on the News sections.

It’s working but I’ve got an error during boot time:

failed to start inizialites pacman keyring

So I ran:

systemctl status pacman-init.service

And I got:

pacman-init.service - Initializes Pacman keyring  
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/pacman-init.service; enabled)  
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since dom 2013-05-19 17:13:01 ART; 6min ago  
    Process: 225 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pacman-key --populate archlinux cinnarch (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)  
    Process: 193 ExecStart=/usr/bin/pacman-key --init (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)  

I know that cinnarch keyring no longer exists on the system, but how can I modify that line of code (pacman-key --populate archlinux cinnarch). Where is this config?

And that should be added to the migration tutorial.

• This service is not longer used.

You can disable it

sudo systemctl disable pacman-init

• Really? and what does its job?

• It was a file I created to populate the keyring upon the first boot, but it kept there so you were populating the keyring on every boot which is unnecesary, and more now that pacman was modified and I don’t have to populate the keyring the first time this way

Posts 5Views 1965