• Mate turning off monitor even if configurated not to

Hi, i set my mate to not turn off monitor, but after 10 ou 15 minutes it turn off when it’s idle.
    So, i need a way to reset all mate configurations.

The history:

The problem started when i upgraded mate 1.14 to 1.16 (stagging, testing verision), both gtk2.
    I tried to uninstall mate using sudo pacman -Rscn and then reinstalling (now mate 1.16-gtk3) but i can’t find a way to erase its configurations.

I also tried to change the mate directories name to mate.bk (to force mate to create new ones in an attempt to reset the data) in:
    ~/.config/mate ~/.cache/mate, ~/.local/share/mate

I had Debian sharing mate in the same /home partition, but uninstalled with all configurations (now only Antergos has mate), but that also doesn’t fixed it.

No matter what i do, it allways open with all my mate configurations. Truly i just need to turn off the time for monitor sleep, not necessarily erase all configurations, but i don’t see how.

Please, is there a way to refresh/reset mate or the monitor setting?
    Thanks for your help.

Portergos site
    https://github.com/Portergos/portergos-iso

Still in love with Antergos (default OS)
    I3wm

Linux newbie since 06/2016

• If installed, have a look at the screensaver settings.

Never to old to learn.

• @axioma said in Mate turning off monitor even if its configurated not to do it:

If installed, have a look at the screensaver settings.

Beside that, also take a look at your power-manager settings. Some settings can be controlled on more than 1 place.

MSI Notebook:
    MSI GE70-2PEQuad core Intel Core i7-4710HQKingston 16 GB RAMIntel 4th Gen. Integr. GPU/NVidia GeForce GTX860MQualcomm Atheros Killer E2200/Intel Wireless 3160

• I never used Mate, but does it come out with light locker settings, like eg, Gnome? IIf so, you have to adjust your power settings from there.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• the weird thing is that was working on mate 1.14.
    yes, both screen saver and energy-setting manager set to off, yet the monitor started to turn off after 15 min.

BUT i installed Light Locker Settings as you suggested and now its working. uhu

Thank you so much for your help!

Portergos site
    https://github.com/Portergos/portergos-iso

Still in love with Antergos (default OS)
    I3wm

Linux newbie since 06/2016

• You re welcome! Clad to know it s solved👍
    Cheers

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

mate54 monitor32 turning3 configurated1 Posts 6Views 907
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.