• QtCurve crashes Plasma desktop

Yesterday I tried, for the first time, to change some settings in QtCurve. After that Kwin, Drkonqi, and other Plasma related applications kept crashing. I had all dependencies installed: Gtk2, Qt4, Qt5 and utensils. I have removed QtCurve for the time being.
    When I change the application style back to Fuse or Breeze the system is stable again.
    My system us up-to-date: Kernel: 4.7.4-1, Plasma 5.7.5.

Does anybody have the same problem after changing some of the settings in QtCurve?

• It is a pity. I have too Plasma 5.7.5 and too I use QtCurve, but nothing crash.

• That s strange! Have you tried it under the LTS kernel?

• Yes, I have also tried the LTS kernel after I read your suggestion, but it had the same result. I am still not sure what causes the problem. If nobody else has the problem, it may be a hiccup specific for my settings. I have checked if uninstalling and removing all Qtcurve files I could find in Home and Usr would make a difference. If I know where all dependencies are stored I may try to remove these as well.
    I even uninstalled Plasma, removed all files in Home, and reinstalled again, but this too did not solve the problem.

Meanwhile using Breeze tweaked.

• I am still not sure what happened, but I decided to uninstall Plasma, and Kf5. ( I have also Mate DE installed). Then I removed any file I could find in Home and system related to Plasma and QtCurve. I also removed all local packages I did not need. After reboot, I reinstalled the Antergos KDE setup. So far Qtcurve is behaving well, and everything works fine. So, for now I consider the topic solved–it must have been a problem related to my previous settings.

qtcurve2 plasma 52 Posts 5Views 1298
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.