• QtCurve crashes Plasma desktop

Yesterday I tried, for the first time, to change some settings in QtCurve. After that Kwin, Drkonqi, and other Plasma related applications kept crashing. I had all dependencies installed: Gtk2, Qt4, Qt5 and utensils. I have removed QtCurve for the time being.
    When I change the application style back to Fuse or Breeze the system is stable again.
    My system us up-to-date: Kernel: 4.7.4-1, Plasma 5.7.5.

Does anybody have the same problem after changing some of the settings in QtCurve?

Never to old to learn.

• It is a pity. I have too Plasma 5.7.5 and too I use QtCurve, but nothing crash.

Russian fan club of Antergos

• That s strange! Have you tried it under the LTS kernel?

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• Yes, I have also tried the LTS kernel after I read your suggestion, but it had the same result. I am still not sure what causes the problem. If nobody else has the problem, it may be a hiccup specific for my settings. I have checked if uninstalling and removing all Qtcurve files I could find in Home and Usr would make a difference. If I know where all dependencies are stored I may try to remove these as well.
    I even uninstalled Plasma, removed all files in Home, and reinstalled again, but this too did not solve the problem.

Meanwhile using Breeze tweaked.

Never to old to learn.

• I am still not sure what happened, but I decided to uninstall Plasma, and Kf5. ( I have also Mate DE installed). Then I removed any file I could find in Home and system related to Plasma and QtCurve. I also removed all local packages I did not need. After reboot, I reinstalled the Antergos KDE setup. So far Qtcurve is behaving well, and everything works fine. So, for now I consider the topic solved–it must have been a problem related to my previous settings.

Never to old to learn.

qtcurve2 plasma 51 Posts 5Views 767