• Quick AUR question

Hello all! I searched for this on Google and here in the forums, and didn’t get much, so here’s goes.

I attempted to search a package via yaourt using yaourt -Ss conky. This gave me the package in /extra; however, after that, I got a curl error “Couldn’t connect to server.” I verified I had a connection.

In searching for information about this, I found that aur.archlinux.org appeared to be down as well. So, as a complete newbie to the Arch side of things, I’m assuming that the AUR is down? Odd, I figured the mirrors would still be up. However, I don’t know a whole lot about mirrors.

At any rate, trying to determine if this is a “me” issue or a “them” issue. Do AUR servers go down frequently? Is there an ironclad way to be able to tell?

Love the distro. If I have to wait, I have to wait, just wondering about this for future reference.

Thanks,

• Travis
  • Hello all! I searched for this on Google and here in the forums, and didn’t get much, so here’s goes.

I attempted to search a package via yaourt using yaourt -Ss conky. This gave me the package in /extra; however, after that, I got a curl error “Couldn’t connect to server.” I verified I had a connection.

In searching for information about this, I found that aur.archlinux.org appeared to be down as well. So, as a complete newbie to the Arch side of things, I’m assuming that the AUR is down? Odd, I figured the mirrors would still be up. However, I don’t know a whole lot about mirrors.

At any rate, trying to determine if this is a “me” issue or a “them” issue. Do AUR servers go down frequently? Is there an ironclad way to be able to tell?

Love the distro. If I have to wait, I have to wait, just wondering about this for future reference.

Thanks,

• Travis
  • Hello!

The AUR server does appear to be down at the moment. I can honestly say that this is the first time I have seen the AUR server experience any downtime since I began using Arch almost 2 years ago. Because the AUR is nothing more than a collection of PKGBUILD files (small text files) it does not use mirrors like typical repos do. The Arch devs are very quick to act on things like this so it shouldn’t be very long before it is back online (unless there was a serious hardware failure). Let me know if you need help with anything else. Oh, and btw…Welcome to Antergos

Best Regards,

• Thank you for your quick reply!

Not upset by this at all … shtuff happens.

And thank you for the welcome. Glad to be here! I’m learning, and hopefully contribute at some point.

• Travis.
Posts 4Views 643