• Nvidia driver installation

Hi guys,
    I run an archlinux installed with antergos 3 months ago. At this time, I installed with the mesa drivers because of a problem
    with the installation assistant when trying to install nvidia drivers.
    Now I want to install nvidia drivers for many reasons.
    Followed the archwiki so I have done :

yaourt -S nvidia
    yaourt -S nvidia-settings
    sudo nvidia-xconfig

As I had no xorf.conf nvidia-xconfig created one. I moved it to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-nvidia.conf instead of
    /etc/X11/xorg.conf.
    Here is the file 20-nvidia.conf: http://pastebin.com/BgpEWBXL
    When I reboot, I can’t have my Xorg starting properly, I only have access to tty.
    Here is the Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/aDB8YBcQ
    First, I want to be able to boot with the nvidia drivers.
    But in a second time, I want to use the hybrid option allowed by my PC (DELL XPS 15)
    I can have my Intel working for general things like chromium, terminator, desktop, and the nvidia GTX start when an extra power is needed, for example vlc (with intel I have a lot of Vsync issue in vlc) or when I play (yeah, minecraft require a little extra power haha
    Hope you guys can help me.
    Thanks

• Take a look at Antergos Wiki here.

• Perfect thanks !
    Works well for me with optirun. (I have a GTX 960M) in the wiki they need feedback, don’t know really how to submit so I say it here.

• @RoToRx88 Thank you!

I wrote the original article about 5 years ago. Obviously, modern Nvidia Optimus cards didn’t exist at that time. I’m trying to keep the article up-to-date and make it work for modern Optimus, but the best card that I have is the outdated GeForce GT 750M.

Unforunately, most article’s readers don’t provide such a valuable feedback as yours. I’m trying to compile a list of all Nvidia Optimus for which the article was applied successfully. Will add your card to the article.

Could you be so kind to provide its detailed make and model, please? The easiest way to obtain them is to run:

lspci | grep VGA

It will return something like:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)
    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF106M [GeForce GT 555M] (rev ff)

Thanks also for marking the topic as [Solved].

Regards

• @just No problem :) It’s like so that a community works !

Here is the dump of the command but does not pass through the grep. The GTX is viewed as a 3D controller

~ ♦ lspci
    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Skylake Host Bridge/DRAM Registers (rev 07)
    00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Skylake PCIe Controller (x16) (rev 07)
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation HD Graphics 530 (rev 06)
    00:04.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Skylake Processor Thermal Subsystem (rev 07)
    00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H USB 3.0 xHCI Controller (rev 31)
    00:14.2 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H Thermal subsystem (rev 31)
    00:15.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H Serial IO I2C Controller #0 (rev 31)
    00:15.1 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H Serial IO I2C Controller #1 (rev 31)
    00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H CSME HECI #1 (rev 31)
    00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 31)
    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PCI Express Root Port #1 (rev f1)
    00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PCI Express Root Port #2 (rev f1)
    00:1d.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PCI Express Root Port #9 (rev f1)
    00:1d.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PCI Express Root Port #13 (rev f1)
    00:1d.6 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PCI Express Root Port #15 (rev f1)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H LPC Controller (rev 31)
    00:1f.2 Memory controller: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H PMC (rev 31)
    00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H HD Audio (rev 31)
    00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Sunrise Point-H SMBus (rev 31)
    01:00.0 3D controller: NVIDIA Corporation GM107M [GeForce GTX 960M] (rev ff)
    02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM43602 802.11ac Wireless LAN SoC (rev 01)
    03:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTS525A PCI Express Card Reader (rev 01)
    04:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Samsung Electronics Co Ltd NVMe SSD Controller (rev 01)

Regards

• @RoToRx88 said in Nvidia driver installation:

…It’s like so that a community works !

You’re absolutely right.

Got your card name. Will add it to Wiki asap.

Here is the dump of the command but does not pass through the grep. The GTX is viewed as a 3D controller

This is correct. Not all Nvidia Optimus are detected by the simple lspci | grep VGA command. The correct command to detect Optimus is (note the final char in it):

lspci -vnn | grep '\''[030[02]]'

Respect

• @just The command output is empty, but when I run lspci -vnn I have this in part of the output

01:00.0 3D controller [0302]: NVIDIA Corporation GM107M [GeForce GTX 960M] [10de:139b] (rev ff) (prog-if ff)
    	!!! Unknown header type 7f
    	Kernel modules: nouveau, nvidia_drm, nvidia

And as a noob in regex I’ll let you deal with that haha

driver37 installation199 nvidia103 Posts 7Views 1489