• WPS Office installation

Maybe i’m asking a question which is already answered or a wiki has been made for it. I need WPS Office due to the MS Office compatibility. But when i look here, i see .deb,.rpm and .tar.xz files. I know i can’t use the .deb and .rpm but what about that tarball? Or can i find WPS Office in the official repositories of Arch/Antergos?

MSI Notebook:
    MSI GE70-2PEQuad core Intel Core i7-4710HQKingston 16 GB RAMIntel 4th Gen. Integr. GPU/NVidia GeForce GTX860MQualcomm Atheros Killer E2200/Intel Wireless 3160

• Looks like its in the repository: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wps-office/

Am i right?

MSI Notebook:
    MSI GE70-2PEQuad core Intel Core i7-4710HQKingston 16 GB RAMIntel 4th Gen. Integr. GPU/NVidia GeForce GTX860MQualcomm Atheros Killer E2200/Intel Wireless 3160

• It is in the AUR.

I found it easier -as a noob myself- to install it using Yaourt.

Open termnal
    Type: yaourt -S wps-office

Yaourt will download and install WPS office all by its lonesome.

You might be prompted to type “Y” or “N” during the process but it is pretty easy. I dont recall exactly but it might ask if you want to edit something or other- type “N” (unless you want to edit something or other, in that case type “Y”), It might ask you to continue installing- type “Y” (unless you change your mind, then type “N”)

That’s it.

Happy yaourt-ing!
    Tom

• It doesn’t work. I get errors like this:

cp: fout bij schrijven van '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-nomko/aur-wps-office/pkg/wps-office/usr/lib/office6/chart/styles/style261.xml': Geen ruimte meer over op apparaat
    cp: fout bij schrijven van '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-nomko/aur-wps-office/pkg/wps-office/usr/lib/office6/chart/styles/style201.xml': Geen ruimte meer over op apparaat
    cp: fout bij schrijven van '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-nomko/aur-wps-office/pkg/wps-office/usr/lib/office6/chart/styles/style313.xml': Geen ruimte meer over op apparaat

==> FOUT: Er is een fout opgetreden in package().
        Afbreken...
    ==> FOUT:Het is Makepkg niet gelukt om wps-office te bouwen.
    ==> Wilt u opnieuw beginnen met het bouwen van wps-office?[j/N]
    ==> -----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the Dutch but it reads:
    Geen ruimte meer over op apparaat No space left on device
    FOUT:Het is Makepkg niet gelukt om wps-office te bouwen. ERROR Makepkg not successful building wps-office
    Wilt u opnieuw beginnen met het bouwen van wps-office?[j/N] Do you want to start again building wps-office (Y/N)

If i press J (Yes) the same appears again. What can it be? IS it that i try this first in Virtual Box?? Maybe the amount of disc space is limited under BV i have 80 GB reserved for Antergos under VB.

MSI Notebook:

• Sorry. I don’t know enough about Arch to analyze that for you.

For me it worked. I am running Angergos with Gnome DE. Don’t know if that matters.

I used Yaourt -S wps-office from Terminal. I said NO for editing any documents and I said YES for continuing to install. Maybe one of pros in this forum can help.

Good luck!

• @nomko said

No space left on device

You obviously ran out of HD or RAM space. How much RAM memory did you assign to the VB?

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• i had a similar problem once on OpenSuse, i hadn’t enough space at root (couldn’t update programs).
    Maybe your ram and swap wasn’t enough, well i’m still learning about Antergos, sorry i can’t help much more than that.
    good luck.

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @anarch said in WPS Office installation:

@nomko said

No space left on device

You obviously ran out of HD or RAM space. How much RAM memory did you assign to the VB?

I assigned 2 GB RAM to VB and a disc size of 80 GB. Should be enough i guess? And my swap is also 2 GB.

MSI Notebook:

• did you create partition / and /home separated? Maybe one os them is full… What about the swap?

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @nomko said

I assigned 2 GB RAM to VB and a disc size of 80 GB. Should be enough i guess? And my swap is also 2 GB.

Well in an almost similar situation ( 2GBs RAM, 3 Gbs swap), I couldn t build Viber. But I was actually having a 1.6 GBs RAM because my GPU was eating the 400MBs.
    I don t know what you ve loaded in the 80 GBs HDD but I don t think this is the culprit.

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

installation194 wps3 office6 Posts 11Views 2126