• WPS Office installation

Maybe i’m asking a question which is already answered or a wiki has been made for it. I need WPS Office due to the MS Office compatibility. But when i look here, i see .deb,.rpm and .tar.xz files. I know i can’t use the .deb and .rpm but what about that tarball? Or can i find WPS Office in the official repositories of Arch/Antergos?

• Looks like its in the repository: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wps-office/

Am i right?

• It is in the AUR.

I found it easier -as a noob myself- to install it using Yaourt.

Open termnal
    Type: yaourt -S wps-office

Yaourt will download and install WPS office all by its lonesome.

You might be prompted to type “Y” or “N” during the process but it is pretty easy. I dont recall exactly but it might ask if you want to edit something or other- type “N” (unless you want to edit something or other, in that case type “Y”), It might ask you to continue installing- type “Y” (unless you change your mind, then type “N”)

That’s it.

Happy yaourt-ing!
    Tom

• It doesn’t work. I get errors like this:

cp: fout bij schrijven van '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-nomko/aur-wps-office/pkg/wps-office/usr/lib/office6/chart/styles/style261.xml': Geen ruimte meer over op apparaat
    cp: fout bij schrijven van '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-nomko/aur-wps-office/pkg/wps-office/usr/lib/office6/chart/styles/style201.xml': Geen ruimte meer over op apparaat
    cp: fout bij schrijven van '/tmp/yaourt-tmp-nomko/aur-wps-office/pkg/wps-office/usr/lib/office6/chart/styles/style313.xml': Geen ruimte meer over op apparaat

==> FOUT: Er is een fout opgetreden in package().
        Afbreken...
    ==> FOUT:Het is Makepkg niet gelukt om wps-office te bouwen.
    ==> Wilt u opnieuw beginnen met het bouwen van wps-office?[j/N]
    ==> -----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the Dutch but it reads:
    Geen ruimte meer over op apparaat No space left on device
    FOUT:Het is Makepkg niet gelukt om wps-office te bouwen. ERROR Makepkg not successful building wps-office
    Wilt u opnieuw beginnen met het bouwen van wps-office?[j/N] Do you want to start again building wps-office (Y/N)

If i press J (Yes) the same appears again. What can it be? IS it that i try this first in Virtual Box?? Maybe the amount of disc space is limited under BV i have 80 GB reserved for Antergos under VB.

• Sorry. I don’t know enough about Arch to analyze that for you.

For me it worked. I am running Angergos with Gnome DE. Don’t know if that matters.

I used Yaourt -S wps-office from Terminal. I said NO for editing any documents and I said YES for continuing to install. Maybe one of pros in this forum can help.

Good luck!

• @nomko said

No space left on device

You obviously ran out of HD or RAM space. How much RAM memory did you assign to the VB?

• i had a similar problem once on OpenSuse, i hadn’t enough space at root (couldn’t update programs).
    Maybe your ram and swap wasn’t enough, well i’m still learning about Antergos, sorry i can’t help much more than that.
    good luck.

• @anarch said in WPS Office installation:

@nomko said

No space left on device

You obviously ran out of HD or RAM space. How much RAM memory did you assign to the VB?

I assigned 2 GB RAM to VB and a disc size of 80 GB. Should be enough i guess? And my swap is also 2 GB.

• did you create partition / and /home separated? Maybe one os them is full… What about the swap?

• @nomko said

I assigned 2 GB RAM to VB and a disc size of 80 GB. Should be enough i guess? And my swap is also 2 GB.

Well in an almost similar situation ( 2GBs RAM, 3 Gbs swap), I couldn t build Viber. But I was actually having a 1.6 GBs RAM because my GPU was eating the 400MBs.
    I don t know what you ve loaded in the 80 GBs HDD but I don t think this is the culprit.

installation283 office8 wps6 Posts 11Views 5673
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.