• How do I uninstall packages?

Hi everyone. I’m Tom and I’m an Arch noob.

I installed Jutoh 2.43-3 (an e-book creation program) from the AUR using yaourt. I opened the program and it worked fine. THis is not the most recent version. On the jutoh website the most current version is 2.48.

I’ve used 2.43 in the past and it is buggy, one of the reasons why jutoh is at 2.48 now. So I had the bright idea to “upgrade” jutoh through the program’s GUI.

As it turns out, this was not a bright idea. Jutoh downloaded a tarball and extracted it…then it stopped. I’m still not sure if I was supposed to do something else. Still, this is Arch and I’m a (Noob)untu convert, so I probably was supposed to do something else…like not upgrading through the GUI.

Now I have 2.43, and 2.48, on my system and neither one works. I know, I did this to myself (gives self a healthy head-slap).

Can someone explain to me how to remove these packages? Following that Ill look into building the package myself.

Thanks in advance

-T

• @tfbielawski alt text then find the app you want to uninstall then right click on it and hit rewmove there you go hope that helps you

• @tfbielawski it mesed up on me ok you see that pic find the app you want to uninstall right click on it and click on rewmove hope that helps you

• Hi,

I checked the package manager already. However, since I did not install the program with package manager it does not show up there. I installed it using Yaourt. I did figure out that Yaourt -Rsn will uninstall what I installed using Yaourt -S. That still left the files in place that Jutoh downloaded and installed to my home directory. Seeing no other way out of that part of the problem I’m guessing I’ll need to delete them manually from the home directory. For some nagging reason, I’m thinking there is more to it than that.

-T

• i dont know sory

• Thank you for trying. I appreciate it.

• @tfbielawski said :

I did figure out that Yaourt -Rsn will uninstall what I installed

Use sudo pacman -Rsnc or yaourt -Rsnc to completly remove packages

@tfbielawski said

since I did not install the program with package manager it does not show up there

It doesn t matter if you used pacman (CLI) or pamac(GUI) to install something. It should show up. Have you activated the AUR in pamac? It s NOT activated by default and you activate it yourself from its settings.From there, you can look for orphan packages and delete them. The equivalent command is
    a) sudo pacman -Qdt (will display a list of unused packages)
    b) sudo pacman -Rns $(pacman -Qdtq) (remove these packages).
    *You may find this chart extremely helpful
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Rosetta

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch Thank you very much. I just configured pamac to view AUR. So, having done that I am now seeing things I have installed using yaourt in pamac!

Yay! Thank you. That is a big help!! Let’s call this solved… :smiley:

• @tfbielawski , you re welcome!:+1:
    Cheers

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 17.10 64bit Unity
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

uninstall6 Posts 9Views 2528