• Cnchi EFI path error

Hi, today I tried to install on a computer with efi antergos, I made two partitions, one for boot and one for the root, but when I do a manual installation the efi path was /boot and not /boot/efi, how can I force installation on boot/efi ?

Thanks

• Hi, today I tried to install on a computer with efi antergos, I made two partitions, one for boot and one for the root, but when I do a manual installation the efi path was /boot and not /boot/efi, how can I force installation on boot/efi ?

Thanks

• At this time Cnchi uses /boot instead of /boot/efi. This is by design after much testing of the two options. The failure rate is almost zero using this method. If you want to do it differently you can opt not to have cnchi install a bootloader and then install it manually using the livecd.

Best Regards,

• I’ve tried to install the boot files in /boot path but don’t work, but for example if i try to install ubuntu with boot files on /boot/efi grub works.
    Ready to KISS…

• It doesn’t matter which mount point you use. If you explain the steps you took to install grub perhaps I can help figure out why it failed. Also, in addition to the 30+ test installs I personally completed which clearly showed a high failure rate using /boot/efi, I personally don’t think its very K.I.S.S.-like to use /boot/efi; especially considering Linux file paths are case sensitive-- /efi is not the same as /EFI on Windows resulting in /boot/efi/EFI

Cheers!

Posts 5Views 945