• Video Conversion MPS to standard video file format.

I have a Canon Video camera that produces video in mps file format. My problem is that I have not done any video conversion or editing under LInux. Does anyone know the name of a program, that will convert the mps file format to the standard mpeg4 file format? I plan on using VLC to view the converted file. Thanks for your help

Ralph

• Have you tried ffmpeg? (it’s command line, but I use it a lot to extract audio from video)

This post has nice examples (you can use vlc to convert videos, too, I didn’t know xD):
    http://techapple.net/2015/05/top-7-free-video-converters-for-linux-to-convert-videos-on-gnu-linux-ubuntu-linux-mint-fedora/

Cheers!

• karasu:
    thank you for your reply. The comment about vlc did it for me. Winff came up with a error about unknow lib file/formant? But VLC is happyly converting my mts files to mp4. Thanks so much.

Ralph

• Glad it helped 😉

Cheers!

• Finally I find this thread about MPS conversion. I just want to ask you a question guys, would you mind, yesterday i found this article of HD crack when I was searching on the internet since I want to convert my files into MPS, http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/hd-crack.html, as you can see in the article, they say they will send me the registration key after sending them an email. I have done that, but until today, I do not get the activation code that they promised. Do you guys know any other way to get a free code because I really need it?

• Maybe it’s better to start a new thread, but have you tried to contact them another way, like Twitter? It could be that your email address blocks their content.

KDE/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• @bpoerwo Finally I got it, when I did on another PC.

video29 standard3 mps1 conversion1 Posts 7Views 1124
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.