• Installation locks up

Just tried installing Antergos on my new Lenovo y510p but Cnchi seems to lock up every time…

First lockup occurs when trying to format partitions using the built in partition editor, if you create an ntfs partition it will hang when you press ok. I got around this issue temporarily by using gparted to fix the now messed up partitions and then not set the ntfs partition to be formatted. My partition setup is p1 ext4, p2 ntfs, p3 swap.

Second lockup occurs at the end when it says [b:p21ofxm4]install libdvdcss 100%[/b:p21ofxm4] and then hangs indefinitely. This is a huge problem as I now don’t have an OS on my laptop -_-
    I tried to use the terminal based installer but it doesn’t seem to do anything after setting up the partitions but ask to restart into my new system, without ever actually installing anything.

Any help figuring this out would be great.

• Just tried installing Antergos on my new Lenovo y510p but Cnchi seems to lock up every time…

First lockup occurs when trying to format partitions using the built in partition editor, if you create an ntfs partition it will hang when you press ok. I got around this issue temporarily by using gparted to fix the now messed up partitions and then not set the ntfs partition to be formatted. My partition setup is p1 ext4, p2 ntfs, p3 swap.

Second lockup occurs at the end when it says [b:p21ofxm4]install libdvdcss 100%[/b:p21ofxm4] and then hangs indefinitely. This is a huge problem as I now don’t have an OS on my laptop -_-
    I tried to use the terminal based installer but it doesn’t seem to do anything after setting up the partitions but ask to restart into my new system, without ever actually installing anything.

Any help figuring this out would be great.

• Hi pfc,

Which Antergos ISO did you use? And what version of Cnchi are you using?

Are you using UEFI+GPT or UEFI+MBR or BIOS+MBR?

Run cnchi with -dv parameters and post here your cnchi log (/tmp/cnchi.log)

We’ll try to find out what’s wrong with your help

EDIT: I’ve tried your partition setup in Virtualbox and works here. No problem creating NTFS partitions at all

• Use the testing.sh script to update the installer to the latest code from our testing branch. You can find the info here: [http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1285][0]">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1285 [http://forum.antergos.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1285][0]">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1285 Let us know if you still have issues and we will do our best to help. Cheers!

[0]: <a href=

Posts 4Views 927